Breaking Glass

Draco's POV
-------
Time moved into one these days, I'd wake up, force myself to go to meetings, think about Rose til it made me sick and then sleep. It was a vicious cycle. I didn't even have an idea if Rose was okay, it was driving me mad with worry. But at the same time I was worried if I checked up on her I'd see she was doing just fine or better without me. Anger burned away at my stomach every single day that I had to sit listening to the Death Eaters, watching the Dark Lord get angrier and angrier. No one knew what was driving him into this dangerous state of mind, but whatever it was Potter must be getting close which provided me with hope. Even if it was small I needed hope that I'd be with Rose again, that there was away out of all this for me and my mother. I even saw Rose in my dreams at this point and when everyone would leave the manor I'd listen to songbird on a loop. It was the closest thing I had to a picture of her.

I just wanted her back, I felt like I was incomplete.

My mother had tried my best to comfort me in anyway, but no one could take away the pain I felt without having the one person I could be myself around out of my life. I loved my mother, I did but Rose was different, she chose me. Not many people would do that, except her.

Rose's POV
------
I watched the Carrows lock up their office throughly as I made my way to the great hall to meet Neville, Katherine and Ginny. Adrenaline was rushing up and down my veins as I thought about what was in store for us and the consequences of getting caught. I saw Neville, Ginny and Katherine patiently waiting by the great oak doors, trying their best to look as casual as possible. However, Neville's frame was stiff anyone could notice it. I shot them all a warm smile as I approached them, just wanting to get this over with when suddenly.

"Rose" Michael smiled
"Michael hey, you okay?"
"Wanna get some lunch together"
"Actually I'm meeting Neville" I said gesturing towards him, Ginny and Katherine who all waved awkwardly over to us.
"Where are you guys going?".

Silence

"Rose" He laughed
"Listen, you can't tell anyone but where going to break some first years the Carrows have locked up out" I whispered
"What-"
"It was Neville's idea"
"Rose, you can't" Michael urged
"And why's that" I scoffed
"If they find out, they'll hurt you all"
"I can take care of myself, plus their first years! Just kids!" I raised my voice slightly.
"But if you get hurt! I don't think you should do it"
"Michael no offence, but I don't care what you think"
"Rose-"
"I'm doing this okay, and I need to go now!".

Without giving Michael a single thought I raced towards everyone, not wanting to waste anymore time we peered into the great hall to see the Carrow siblings engrossed in their food. We had to go now.

"Let's go!" Ginny blurted, making us all pick up the pace towards the Carrows office, practically running down to give us as much time as possible. Once we reached the office we noticed how much effort the Carrows had put into locking up the office.

"Alohomora" Katherine whispered, but nothing happened and the door remained throughly locked.
"Shit" Katherine muttered
"What do we do now" Neville groaned
"Ginny hand me one of your hair grips" I said
"What-" she began
"Hurry!" I pressed on, we didn't have time for this.

I crouched down to the shiny, shiver lock and took the hair pin and placed it into the lock. I felt everyone's eyes on me, confused as to what I was doing as I picked at the lock over and over again. I started to get impatient as I waited for the lock to click open but luckily for us all I had done it. I signed with relief as I took the lock off the chain on the office door, looking back to see everyone smirking right at me.

"Brilliant" Neville smiled
"Muggle tv shows teach you a lot" I smirked.

I pushed the office door open, Neville shutting it as quiet as possible from behind us. Another door came into view straight away that I recognised from my detentions, again it was locked. Ginny decided to keep guard of the office door incase the Carrows came back early while we back our way to the second door. It was a grand oak door, much like the ones in the great hall. To all our surprised it unlocked using alohomora this time, I guess the Carrows really didn't care about people finding out what they were doing. No one could stop them either way. Neville swung the heavy oak door open to reveal a small, stoned staircase leading down to a damp and desolate cellar.