Stay With Me

Rose's POV
——————-
I couldn't sleep a wink, my thoughts were consumed with worry over Draco, I rolled over to check to clock seeing it was 2am. Huffing I wrapped myself up in the green blanket, inhaling the smell of mint and cologne but it brought me no comfort. Draco kept going through my mind as the idea of his icy pale skin and the bags underneath his eyes plagued my thoughts. The worry in my stomach was enough for me to repeatedly toss and turn only leading me to get more frustrated. But I gave in and accepted sleep wasn't on the cards tonight, and with that I wrapped myself up in a black jacket and headed to the common room with a book.

To my surprise Jordan was also in the common room, half asleep on the sofa. Why wasn't he in his dorm?

"Jordan" I whispered, which made him jump
"Rose what are you doing up?"
"I could ask you the same" I smiled
"Draco kicked me and Blaise out" He laughed
"What why?" I said as I went to sit next to him.
"Reckon he was having a nightmare and when me and Blaise pushed him about it he snapped and kicked us out...he was muttering something about a mission and went crazy when we tried to ask him if he was okay" Jordan explained.
"Where's Blaise then?"
"Went to go find one of the girls he's sleeping with"
"Ew" I rolled my eyes.
"Why are you up then?"
"Just couldn't sleep".

Silence

"Fuck I'm going to go up and see him I just can't sit here" I said, getting up from my seat
"Yeah good idea, surely he won't shout at you"
"Let's pray" I laughed as I went ascended the stairs and up to Draco's room.

I opened the door slightly as the crack of light escaped into the dorm room making me able to see Draco laid down, wide awake and staring into nothing. He was on his side as he stared at the wall, his face expression was completely blank. I shut the door behind me as quietly as possible as I made my way over to him as his back faced away from me.

"I said fuck off Zabini" Draco spat.
His tone of voice sent chills down my spine as he talked which so much venom in his voice it shocked me.

I didn't say anything in response, instead I climbed into bed besides him and wrapped my arms around him tight. I felt his body soften immediately as he reached his hand up to find mine. His entire body was shaking which only made me hold onto him tighter. The smell of mint and cologne mixed with my scent of vanilla perfectly as I clung onto him, trying my best to comfort him.

"What are you doing here" His voice broke as he suddenly moved to turn and face me.
He looked so ill, his skin had gotten even paler and I'd only seen him a few hours ago. I caressed his cheek slowly as I placed a light kiss on his forehead.
"I saw Jordan in the common room" I said.

"Are you still mad at me?" Draco whispered, his tone was weak like he was about to break
"Not anymore" I cooed.
With that Draco wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me into a warm hug as he pulled the covers over us even more.

"Stay with me?" He asked
"Of course, just sleep now Draco, I'll be here when you wake up I promise" I whispered.
"I don't deserve you" He said, making a single tear escape my eyes and roll down my flushed cheeks.
"Don't talk like that" I said as my voice broke 
"It's true..."
"No it's not" I whispered as I planted a delicate kiss on his soft lips
"Just get some rest you look exhausted" I urged
"Okay" He smiled and I looked up at him as he drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

I had never seen Draco so vulnerable before, it was strange normally he held his front so well but it was as if it was impossible for him now. He'd been there for me without question all last year so I was going to do the exact same for him, whether he opened up to me or not. I knew it was difficult for him, I don't think he is used to having someone to confide in which only makes me want to be that person for him more. Mission, I wondered what that could mean I wanted to ask him but I also knew what would happen if I pushed Draco. So I'd leave it for now. Just for now though.

The dorm room was icy cold as I opened my blue eyes back up from a night of blissful sleep, however the cold did not reach me as Draco's arms were still firmly around me. Like he was afraid to let me go. Draco stirred in his sleep slightly so I move to the side to face him, still making sure our arms were wrapped around one another. My hand made its way up to his cheek as i caressed it softly, almost flinching at how cold he was, like ice. This made him wake up as his grey eyes locked with mine and I saw them light up for the first time in weeks. Draco came closer and placed a soft kiss on my forehead and then one on both my cheeks making my laugh.

"Morning" I smiled
"Good morning Blondie"
"Did you sleep well?" I cooed
"Yeah, thanks to you" He smirked.

"I actually have something to ask you" I smiled
"Oh yeah...and what's that" He smirked and began to kiss my neck lightly making my skin tingle.
"Slughorn is having a Christmas party and I need a date..."
"Do you now?" Draco smiled as he dove in for a kiss, his hands roaming every inch of my body as I melted at his touch.
"Would you be interested in coming with me"
"Mhmm I'll have to check my schedule"
"I mean I could always take someone else..." I teased
"No one else is allowed to touch my Rose".

I began to kiss Draco's neck slowly as he pulled me up so I was straddling him. The smirk on Draco's lips grew as he looked me up and down with hunger on his mind before his hands made there way up my t shirt.
"Is that a yes then" I murmured against his lips
"Wouldn't you like it better if I showed you my answer Blondie"
"I have to go to the quidditch match" I smiled as I bit down on his lip slightly making his smirk grow even wider.

Draco responded by doing some...unholy things to me, making the quidditch match a distant memory.

"Still care about the match" Draco smirked
"I could be persuaded to stay longer..." I smiled
"Is that a challenge" Draco laughed
"Certainly is...you up for it Malfoy?"
"Definitely Blondie, now take your top off"....