Insecure

Rose's POV
------
Another year, another Christmas. This years was much busier than ever before. It was my parents year to host which meant a lot of running around making sure everything was prepared to my mums standards. Although my dad did burn all the roast potatoes, he really was just trying to help but my mum went stir crazy over this. Luckily Mr Diggory is a very talented cook and somehow he managed to save a few potatoes so my mum didn't pass out over Christmas dinner.

Cedric and I had a blast as usual, he had bought me the Fleetwood Mac vinyl I had been begging for since the beginning of the year and I gave him some tickets to the Quidditch cup which he thanked me but basically crushing me to death in a hug. But crushed bones aside, at least he liked the present...

The other half of the holidays was spent at the burrow with the Weasleys. Cedric and Katherine also decided to join us this year, again how Mrs Weasley fits us all in I will never understand. We stayed up all night playing a range of different games I even got to meet Harry's uncle Sirius over the holidays which was lovely.

Cedric and Harry spent a lot of time at the burrow together, they discussed all about the tournaments trying their best to guess what the next challenge would be. It was nice to see them get so close seen as though at the start of the year Cedric allowed people to wear them distasteful badges with Harry's face on it...

It was the last day before we would return back to Hogwarts and although Draco hasn't owled me once over the holidays and part of me was nervous to how he would act when we were back I still had to tell Cedric before Hermione or Katherine blurted it out. They had almost already done that three times this week. So it was time.

"You wanted to talk to me Rose" Cedric smiled as he packed his truck back up
"Erm yeah..."
"What is it, you look like you want to throw up" He laughed
"It's about...well".

Merlin, get yourself together Rose.

"Is this about Malfoy" He smiled
"What!" I shouted "erm..I mean how did you know?"
"Hermione" He laughed
"That girl can't keep a secret" I sighed
"So...are you mad"
"Why would I be mad Rose"
"Because it's Draco I guess"
"Do I think he's a bit of a git? Yes. But I also trust your judgement and it's your decision at the end of the day, plus after everything I did last year it's not my place to judge" He smiled.
"Wow, how did I get so luckily to have you as my best friend again?"
Cedric simply laughed and pulled me into a tight hug .
"But if he ever hurts you, I'll kill him" He said, dead serious.
"Thanks Ced" I laughed into his chest.

That's one thing I always admired about Cedric, his kindness and that he let me make my own decisions without any judgement. As well as Hermione and Katherine. It would still take a long time to convince Harry and the others but right now the closest people to me did not mind. Hopefully I can prove everyone wrong that Draco isn't just what he appears to be...

Returning back to Hogwarts
---------------
The train ride to Hogwarts was slower than usual, I decided to talk to Draco once we got to the castle, I didn't fancy going to see him with Pansy there, no doubt I'd walk in to her drooling over him. Instead I sat with Katherine, Hermione, Ron and Harry. It was a good journey, just so long and because we had already spent the entire week together there wasn't anything left to catch up on. Hermione read her book, Ron and Harry set themselves a challenge to eat a whole pile of sweets from the trolly, Katherine read the quibbler and I stared out of the window as the trees flew by.

Me and Katherine unpacked our trunks rather quickly while completely ignoring Pansy in her effects to tell us all about her Christmas holidays. Luckily for us she got bored of her own voice eventually and left us alone. By the time we finished unpacking me and Katherine were ready to fall over with hunger so we rushed to the great hall for the back to school feast. The hall was already full of students laughing and chatting by the time we arrived so we quickly made our way to our seats on the Slytherin table.