Crucio

Rose's POV
------
Another class with the Carrows loomed over me as I took my usual seat next to Katherine, Neville and Ginny in front of us. I felt someone's eyes on me as I sat down, turning around I saw Michael smile at my softly, which I returned quickly before the Carrows strode into the room. Alecto and Amynus wore the same sinister smiles as they made there way to the front of the classroom, Alecto's eyes pierced into mine making my shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Today you will be practicing the Cruciatus Curse on each other!" Amynus beamed
"Any volunteers to go first?" Alecto asked, keeping her eyes on me.

Silence

"Very well, Miss Nicholls get up!" Alecto spat, even though the cruciatus curse did not effect me for a reason me and Katherine still couldn't work out, I didn't want to risk them finding out.

"Use a spell on me" I whispered to Katherine as I got to my feet, she simply nodded ever so slightly so only I could notice.

"Anyone want to practice the curse on Miss Nicholls" Amynus asked
"I will!" A voice rang out, following the shooting up of a hand
"And you are?" Alecto asked
"Carlos".

The same boy who had called me a slut back in fourth year had risen from his seat, making every student gasp. He was a Ravenclaw, and he had the same sinister smile of the Carrows. I saw Michael looked at him with disbelief, everyone was. We didn't do this to each other, we were all supposed to be in this together. I saw Blaise and Jordan sit up in their seats looking at me with panic, even Pansy looked horrified.

"Seriously" I scoffed as I came face to face with him
"Karma" He spat
"Wow you really know how to hold a grudge".

"Do it" Amynus smirked.

Carlos raised his wand right at me, no empathy what so ever. Sure I'd embarrassed him in class one time but I wasn't exactly a big deal, I think the Carrows have finally been successful in turning students completely different.

"Crucio" He muttered.

At the same time I watched Katherine raise her wand and mutter a her own spell in my direction. Thanks to Katherine I seethed in pain, biting down on my lip as I tired not to give Carlos any satisfaction. His smirk made my stomach drop, the pleasure my pain was giving him made me feel sick. He was enjoying this. They demonise Slytherin but here was a Ravenclaw boy, beaming at the pain he thought he was causing. Katherine couldn't her eyes on me while her wand was raised right in my direction. It felt like I'd been stood at the front of the classroom for years, the pain wasn't as bad as I imagined crucio to be but it still cut like a knife.

"That's enough" Amynus smiled as he gestured for Carlos to lower his wand. As soon as he did, I saw Katherine do the same out of the corner of my eye. Carlos' face turned into one of satisfaction as he glared into my blue eyes painfully. I raced back sit besides Katherine as Blaise and Jordan shot Carlos dagger eyes as he walked past.

"Sluts get what they deserve" Carlos smirked.

Amynus and Alecto did not say anything when he said what he did. Fury burned my stomach completely, everyone glaring him down.

"Shut the fuck up!" Blaise spat
"Quiet down Zabini" Carlos spat back
"Both of you shut up!" Amynus shouted, silencing them both immediately.

I held onto my quill tight as I tired my best to swallow my anger back down.

"Even if you are right Carlos" Alecto smirked.

Silence

"Slut" Carlos muttered again.

"What did you say about me?" I spat
"Miss Nicholls be careful now" She smirked again
"No one talks about me like that" I continued
"Rose stop" Katherine whispered
"Listen to Miss Anderson" Amynus said sternly.