Not With Her

Draco's POV
-------
I had been crying in the lonely room of requirement for what felt like hours, watching Rose walk away from me and hearing the words she said had cut me deep like nothing I had ever felt before. My heart felt like it was being torn apart, leaving me completely broken. This is what I was scared of when I got involved with Rose, but I never imaged she'd be the one to break my heart. I gathered my feelings pushing them back down deep inside of me as I made my way out of the room, I just needed to go somewhere where I could clear my mind. Wherever that was I didn't know.

Before I knew it my feet had taken me all the way up to the astronomy tower, the sky towering above me making me feel so small. I had remembered what Rose had told me towards the end of third year about how the stars in the sky made her feel peaceful, like all her troubles went away. I sat where we had many times and gazed up at the shiny sky, but it didn't make me feel any better all if anything my chest felt even heavier. The sky was now a constant reminder of Rose...a reminder of everything I had just lost. I wish I could scratch this disgusting mark off my skin, all I wanted was to be with Rose far away from all of this, far away from my poisonous family. I just needed her, I'd always need her but I could no longer have her.

In a way at least she had escaped me finally, maybe she'd be more safe now that the Dark Lord couldn't use her against me. Plus she had Katherine and Granger, they'd keep her safe if anything happens, more safe than I could ever keep her. All I needed was her to be safe and maybe one day of this ever ends I can try and find my way back into her heart.

I will love Rose Nicholls forever that much is certain, I will protect her forever but she is better off without me, everyone was.

Rose's POV
-------
Waking up felt like a chore, it took every ounce of strength in my body to flutter my eyes open. My dorm room was icy cold, it felt lonely. Part of me was hoping I would turn around and see Draco fast asleep on the pillow next to me but when I turned around he wasn't there. I had the same nightmare all night long, on a painful and continuous loop. But the simple fact was that I'd woken up from one nightmare to be trapped in another. This one felt much worse.

Katherine was no where to be seen so I sluggishly changed into my Slytherin robes, not bothering checking my appearance I just headed out to classes. I brushed away what happened in my bathroom last night, convincing myself what I'd supposedly seen wasn't real. It couldn't be. Seeing Draco today was going to be gut wrenching well that's even if he came to classes today, but part of me hoped I'd see him. No matter how anger I still was and the words I had spat last night I still loved him and I don't think anything could change that. It only made it hurt more. I argued with myself all the way to defence against the dark arts about whether or not I wanted to talk to Draco, If I wanted to hear the full story, if I was prepared to let him go...forever.

I walked into Snape's classroom focused completely on the floor as I made my way to sit at the back, away from everything. Luckily I was early so most of the seats were free so I made my way over to the far corner without thinking. The rest of the students came in only moments later chatting away without a care in the world.

"Hey Rose, how come you aren't sitting in your usual seat with Draco?" Harry came up to my and questioned only making my mood even worse.
"Go away Harry" I muttered
"What did you find out" He whispered
"I didn't find out anything Harry now leave me alone I'm not in the mood!" I spat, making Harry take a step back in shock and rush to his seat.

A few moments off silence went by until I was interrupted once again.

"Rose, may I sit?" Hermione smiled
"No" I muttered
"Is everything okay?" She said with worry
"I'm fine Hermione just please leave me alone for now"
"Okay...see you later" she smiled weakly before she made her way to her seat with Harry, both of them looking back at me with concern over their faces.