The Yule Ball

Draco's POV
-------
I had already entered the great hall with my date, she was nice enough...she wore a baby blue dress and her brown hair was tied back...and was that a crown on her head? Right.
Rose would never wear something so tasteless, but Rose wasn't by date so I needed to just forgot about that now if I wanted to get through the night.

Rose's POV
------
Hermione had gone back to the dorm because she had forgot her necklace so it was just me and Katherine. We walked down the stars to see George and Matt patiently waiting, just chatting amongst themselves. I laughed as soon as I saw George's jaw drop at the sight of Katherine, who blushed furiously. Katherine shot me a quick smile when we reached to bottom of the stairs before taking George's arm.

"You look amazing!" Matt smiled
"Thankyou Matt, so do you"
"So who did you choose to be your date"
"Excuse me?".

Erm what the fuck.

"You know because Hermione set me up with Luna Lovegood instead"
"She did what?"
"Yeah...she said she was setting you up with the your 'true date' whatever that means" He laughed
"I didn't ..."
"You didn't know?"
"No!" I shouted "I can't believe her".

Silence

"I'm so sorry Matt!" I burst out
"Listen Rose it's fine, plus I knew we were only going as friends. I quite like Luna now anyways you know..." He smiled "So don't worry about it"
"That's great!"
"So what are you going to do"
"Well I don't have a date now...so who knows"
"Well shit..."
"Listen Matt go find Luna don't worry about me"
"Sure?"
"Yes! Go it's fine!".

Fuck, fuck, fuck, Hermione bloody Granger.

I felt my anxiety sore and my palms began to sweat, I looked ahead at the great hall and my legs turned to jelly. What am I supposed to do walk in there alone? Surely not. Actually why not, I don't need a date. After everything that has happened these past few weeks I think going alone could be empowering, plus I could always tag along with Katherine or Hermione if I felt to out of place. Well here goes nothing.

Draco's POV
-------
I was stood next to my date, Merlin I've forgot her name. Shit. Anyways, I was stood in the great hall along with Blaise and his date as they all were chatting. I on the other hand kept a watchful eye out, I spotted Matt from across the room but he was with that Lovegood girl. If she was his date then what happened to Rose? I wondered if she was even coming, I mean she didn't exactly seem excited about the dance these past few weeks.

Suddenly, there she was. Rose walked in alone into the great hall scanning around the room with a nervous expression on her face but it quickly flashed to confidence as people began to notice the fact she was alone. Merlin, she was beautiful. The most stunning girl I have ever seen in my life, her hair was perfectly curled, her dress showed off every inch of her figure and she was wearing her eyeliner just the way I liked it. How can someone be that perfect, she was breathtaking...and it only pained me more that I wasn't with her. Half the guys in the great hall were probably staring at her right now but I couldn't even care to look, I didn't want to take my eyes off of her not even for a second. She was even wearing the necklace I had given her...maybe if she was alone...maybe I could ditch my date, if she'd have me.

That's when our eyes met and I melted instantly as I stared into her piercing blue eyes. Her expression softened and she sweetly smiled at me, her eyes lighting up. Rose was trying to act confident buy I saw right through it, I saw how nervous she was. Her marks and bruises had only just healed...she'd been through so much.

Before I knew it we were walking straight for each other, I completely ignored Blaise as he shouted after me. I was to concentrated on making my way through the crowds to her. Always to her.