The Past Few Months

Rose's POV
------
The past few months have flown by, and to my absolute pleasure nothing dramatic has happened, no arguments, nothing. It has been the best few months I've had at Hogwarts so far.

Cedric spent the past few months preparing for his final task and me and Matt helped him as much as possible but whenever he wasn't training he was with Cho. I'd seen them having their daily walks a few times, Merlin they looked crazy about each other. I had even been hanging out with Cho a little more, mainly we would enjoy going shopping at Hogsmead and I made sure to tell her every embarrassing story of Cedric I could think of. We spent hours shopping, we'd get to know each other more and more each time we'd go, sharing different stories and laughing along with each other really easily. I'm surprised we hasn't been friends sooner, we got along so effortlessly.

Matt and Luna sadly hadn't lasted, it was mutual and I still saw him talking from time to time but I think it had just fizzled out naturally. However, Matt has been asking me about Hermione pretty regularly, think someone has developed a slight crush....which was sweet but we all knew Hermione liked Ron...well everyone apart from Matt it seems. Poor Matt.

Harry had finally stopped bugging me about Draco after a few stern words from Katherine and Hermione. I was thankful, one more word and I would have not been able to keep in my anger. But I can't blame Harry.

Katherine and George were going strong, now officially boyfriend and girlfriend. Finally. George had been so nervous to ask her, me and Hermione helped him through it all, with how to ask her, to what to wear, what her favourite flowers were. Believe me he needed all the help he could get, he was clueless. But it worked, he hasn't even got his full sentence out before Katherine was crying. Worked like a charm. They went so well together everyone could see that, although Katherine had joined forces with Fred and George on their pranks which was not good for anyone...Katherine was just as ruthless as they were sometimes. If not more. Let's just say Hermione wasn't to happy when she woke up one morning with bright yellow hair from a sweet she was given.

Me and Katherine basically lived in the Griffindore common room now, we'd all meet up most nights to play games, catch up. It was the usual gang; Me, Hermione, Katherine, Ron, Harry, Fred and George and Neville. Sometimes Luna would even sneak in, depending on what game we were playing. We'd stay in the Griffindore common room til the earlier hours of the morning, time always passed so quickly when we were all together. Plus I've always felt connected to Griffindore in a really weird kind of way....

However not all of my spare time was spent with my friends in the Griffindore common room, I tried to spent as much time with Draco as humanly possible. We had become extremely close during these past few months, even when I was with my friends enjoying myself I somehow felt empty when I wasn't with Draco. We spent most of our time at the astronomy tower, we'd both read, sometimes to each other. Draco loved reading his favourite books to me at the astronomy tower, we'd spent hours up there as I simply listened to him make whatever book he was reading this time come to life. Apart from the astronomy tower we took a lot of walks together, hand in hand all the time we'd roam the grounds until our feet got tired. I tried to dedicate my weeks solely to Draco and then I'd sneak into the Griffindore common room during the weeks.

I'd learned a lot about Draco these past few months, he'd not opened up to me completely which I understood but with every time we met he'd unravel a little bit more of himself to me. The depths of his mind were never ending, I found him fascinating. I told him all about my childhood, he wanted to know every single detail about my life even the tediously boring stuff. He'd even come to see me sing a handful of times along with Blaise and Jordan. It made me so nervous every time he came because he wouldn't take his eyes off me for a single second. It was extremely humbling though, every time I finished singing I could see the breath get stuck in his throats, he never failed to tell me how amazing I was. Never. Don't get me wrong we still bickered like hell, but it either ended up with him giving in or me. It never lasted long. It was like we couldn't stand to be mad at each other for a single second. Being with Draco was a challenge, yes. He would still get insecure and jealous every time I talked to him, he hid it well but I could see how it really made it feel. But I did my best to reassure him because honestly I could not imagine myself with anyone other than Draco Malfoy.