The Return Of The Necklace

Draco's POV
------
It had been over an entire week without seeing Rose, I hated not knowing how she was doing. Hated it. Katherine had been updating me a little every time she came into the great hall to collect food for Rose. I'm not sure why she did this, but I was happy she did. Rose was extremely strong, I knew she would get through this, plus she had the entire of the Slytherin house behind, no one was sad Crabbe and Nott had been expelled. No one. Not even Goyle to my surprise.

I had been sat with Pansy this week during potions, she took the opportunity of what happened to Rose to try and worm her way to me. Disgusting. I'd been doing my best to ignore her but Merlin was she determined which annoyed me even more. Another boy named Carlos had now taken Crabbe's place, he was a Ravenclaw but he did not really speak much...

Sluggishly I took my seat in potions as i prepared myself for Pansy to fuss all over me once again. Merlin someone help me.

But to my surprise and relief...

"Miss Nicholls, welcome back" Snape suddenly spoke.

This made me turn my head round straight away to see Rose stood with Granger awkwardly as they held onto each other's hands. As much as I wasn't keen on Granger I was glad Rose had such a good support system by her side. I could see the bruise on Rose's cheek, it looked like it had faded dramatically but it was still very much there which made my stomach churn at the thought of what it had looked like a week ago. My fist clenched as the memory of what had happened that night ran through my mind once again. No one would ever heart her again, not on my watch.

"Hi Professor" Rose sweetly greeted him, while everyone in the classes had their eyes plastered to her. More on her stretches on bruises then angering else.Pansy huffed past her and took her seat next to me which made Rose watch cautiously as she took what was supposed to be her seat. I didn't want Rose to think I was happy with this, I wanted Rose sat next to me not Granger.

"Get up!" I spat at Pansy
"What?" She shouted "Drakie..."
"It's Rose's seat and she's back so get up...".

"Is this okay with you Miss Nicholls or do you want to sit with Miss Granger" Snape called out.

Shit of course she was going to pick Granger why would she pick me? I didn't even know if we were on speaking terms now...

"I'll take my seat with Draco" She smiled.

I was shocked, I thought she'd choose Granger over me any day, it made my heart pound heavily in my chest as she waited for Pansy to get up and shot her a cold glare.

She sat next to me with no word, she did not look at any of us on the table not that this bothered me I was just happy she was back where she belonged, which was sat next to me.

We sat in a comfortable silence as we worked on our potion together, I could feel everyone occasionally whisper and look in Rose's direction but she did not seem bothered by it once. Merlin I just wish we could be okay again, not that we were ever okay but at least the truce we had meant I could talk to her freely.

"Hey Rose" Blaise whispered from across the table. Rose simply lifted her head to look at Blaise and gave him a warm smile "You okay?".

Merlin What kind of stupid question is that Zabini ...

"Yeah I'm fine" She muttered, continuing to smile
"If you ever need anything in always here" He said
"Thanks, that really means a lot".

I could see her blush slightly at the kindness Zabini had shown her but somehow it made my angry, I feel so stupid for not asking her first if she was okay...I mean I was the one who helped her after all.