The Black Lake

It was a blissful Saturday afternoon, the sun shone down on Hogwarts and lit up the black lake beautifully. I waited for everyone perching against a tall oak tree.
I've been here a few weeks now and every Saturday so far i met up with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and Ginny to hang out. Sometimes study but that never lasted long.
Even Katherine had started coming along once I convinced her how lovely they all were despite the rest of Slytherins rude comments.

"Hey Rose" Luna greeted me in her angelic rather dreamy voice.
Everyone else followed behind as we all greeted each other and sat with the view of the huge lake infront of us.

We stayed there for hours, Ron had tried some of Fred and George's sweets they had given him only for them to explode in his mouth. My stomach was in knots at the sight of this I could barely contain my laughter. The look on Ron's face was priceless. I was just thankful I had avoided a Weasley twin prank.

"Malfoy given you anymore trouble" Neville questioned.
He'd seen us arguing in poisons, well everyone had it was only the other day I had 'accidentally' kicked his chair slightly sending him flying to the floor. But it was an accident of course ...
"Just the usual comments, but I can handle Malfoy" I laughed.

"I don't know why he keeps bothering you, he says he hates you but goes out of his way to talk to you" Katherine questioned.
"Maybe he fancies you oooo" Ron joked
"I would sooner date Snape" I laughed.

No seriously.

"Merlin it's almost 5 I need to study!" Hermione called out. She was really serious about her revision schedule.

We all waved eachother off and parted ways. Katherine went to the library with Hermione and me and Luna decided to walk back together to the castle. Luna was blissfully chatting about the Quibbler when I heard that git call out for us.

"Blondie!" .

No no no no.

"Malfoy, what a nice surprise"
"And your with looney Luna because..." he sneered
"What did you just call her" I spat.

Draco simply scoffed looking back at his goons behind him. Merlin this was annoying.

"Call her that again I dare you" I could feel the anger radiate off me
"Come on Rose it's fine..." Luna whispered
"No I've had enough of this" I muttered back
"What are you gonna do about it Blondie" Draco teased.
"It's the same story isn't it, Merlin your boring Malfoy"
"Excuse me how dare you talk to me like that" he spat with venom in his voice.

"You are just a scared little boy acting out, but why is that Malfoy? Daddy not love you enough, never praises you? Did mummy not come to watch any of your quidditch matches is that why your so angry. The world is shit we get it but take your anger some place else and stop being such a git, sort your daddy issues out!" I shouted.

I saw the smug look crawl off his face and he was lost for words, I could tell I had struck a nerve.
He simply gathered himself together and gave me the biggest smirk possible.

"What's going on here" I heard Cedric call
"Nothing Diggory, just chatting up your girl" he laughed
I saw Cedric go red with anger, which was rare.
"I wanna throw up at the thought of that Merlin" I scoffed.
Cedric threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me to him.
"Like you'd ever be able to get a girl to like you Malfoy" he joked.
And with that we walked away. Luna thanked me for what I had done, but she was my friend I would defend her in a heart beat.

Once Luna had gone I turned to Cedric looking at him looking rather happy with me.
"What?" I smiled
"Your just bloody amazing that's all"
"Tell me something I don't know" I teased.

Draco's POV
-------
I watched as Rose and Cedric walked off together with his arm wrapped around her. I really don't know why it was bothering me so much. Sure she was pure blood but she listened to muggle music, she was friends with Potter and the rest of them, she wasn't even that hot...okay maybe she was but she was not Slytherin enough. Merlin I'd rather be thinking about Pansy right now and that says a lot.

But it was ever since that stupid song she sang, it's like it effected me and I did not like it one bit. I had even gone as far as to look it up but thankfully I snapped into my senses before I played the stupid muggle music. We'd been arguing a lot in potions since we were paired together. I had made some snide remark about her makeup or something ridiculous the other day and she simply put her middle finger up at me and smirked. She was fierce and did not care one bit about my comments which was something I admired. But she was still disgusting, obviously.

Rose's POV
------
It was Tuesday afternoon and I had just taken my seat in transfiguration where I sat between Hermione and Neville. I sucked at this class, I was well and truly failing already, Cedric had tried to help me the best he could but it was honestly no use. Luckily Hermione, along with Malfoy but Hermione mainly was top of the class so I could always ask her.
The lesson dragged so much and I simply could not listen to what McGonagall was saying.
Finally the hour passed and I was packing away my stuff while listening to Neville talk all things Herbology.

"Miss Nicholls I've noticed your struggling in this class" McGonagall suddenly said
"Erm...yeah" I awkwardly smiled
"Well I've arranged a tutor"
"Ah great is it Hermione" I smiled
"Actually".

Merlin I had a bad feeling.

"Mr Malfoy will tutor you" she said and with that Draco snapped his head up as was sluggishly packing his books away but once her heard he stormed over.
"No" he simply stated
"I'm afraid you have no choice, Miss Nicholls needs help"
"But Hermione is first in this class and I actually like her, can't she tutor me" I begged
"Mr Malfoy is in your house Miss Nicholls and quite frankly I think you two need to learn to get on" she said
"No offence but I would rather fail to class then have to spend time with..."
before I could finish Malfoy himself cut me off
"It's fine Professor I've got it" he said.

What was he actually agreeing, Merlin please help.

"Brilliant! Once your grades are up again Miss Nicholls the tutoring may stop".

Great.

I walked out to meet Hermione and Neville with the biggest sour look on me face.

"See you at 4 in the library don't be late Blondie or else" Draco shouted as he stormed past.

"What was that" Neville questioned
"Don't ask, or else I'll cry" I rolled my eyes and began to dread the tutoring session.