Back To Hogwarts

Rose's POV
------
It had been a long, agonising summer. To think I was supposed to spent it travelling through France with my friends and now I was held up in my family home. Having the worst nightmares and being on medication to 'help me deal with grief' as my dad put it. But, I just felt sadder than ever.

Truth be told 4 weeks into summer I did something stupid while my parents were out one afternoon. I hurt myself. I'm not sure why and I regretted it as soon as it happened. Grief is a tricky road, one day I'm downstairs laughing with my parents and sending letters to my friends, the next I'm screaming in the middle of the night because of my nightmares. After my parents found out they changed my therapy sessions from once a week to twice and I was put on some medication. I didn't bother to ask questions, I just wanted to get on with things. If they thought it would make me feel better I'd try anything.

I didn't miss Cedric any less but it had became bearable, I was counting down the days until I was back at Hogwarts because being in this house day in day out with my parents treating me like some kind of broken doll was driving me crazy. I spent most of the summer in my room as my parents kept a 'watchful eye' on me it only made me feel worse but I didn't have the heart to tell them. We'd all gotten into a pretty heated argument the other day when they tried to suggest going back to Hogwarts wasn't a good idea, which resulted in me smashing my mother's favourite vase.

I just don't think they realise that Hogwarts will be the best place for me, surrounded by people who won't treat me like a prisoner. Luckily, my dad recognised this and had a talk to my mum. He managed to convince her on the conditioned I owled them twice as often as I usually would. It was worth being able to go back to school.

--

My parents apparated me to the platform and helped me carry my trunk to the train, I waved them off eager to go find my friends as they wished me luck and my mum like usual fussed over me. Once my dad clawed my anxious mother off me I made my way to find everyone, searching every compartment until finally I found them...

Katherine and Hermione were sat chatting when I slid the compartment door open to bring them into a tight embrace.
"Hey guys" I beamed
"It's so good to see you!" Katherine smile
"Definitely! We've missed you" Hermione agreed
"I've missed you too!" I said, excited.

It was just us three in the compartment as we made our way to Hogwarts, which I was thankful for as it gave us time to catch up. They told me all about their summer, Hermione spent most of it at the Burrow whereas Katherine visited her grandmother in Berlin. I filled them in on my horrible summer being completely honest with them about everything that had happened.

"Yeah your mother owled me yesterday" Katherine said
"She did, saying what?"
"Just to keep an eye on you, like we need a letter for that!" Katherine smiled.

"Do you still have the nightmares" Hermione asked
"Erm...not every night but they'll stop eventually"
"Well we will make sure we have a great year" Katherine beamed
"Definitely!" I agreed.

It was definitely a little awkward I could tell they didn't quite know what to say to me, and I understood. I was just glad to have my friends back especially Katherine and Hermione who had always been like sisters to me.

"Are you excited to see Malfoy" Hermione teased
"Maybe...just a little" I smiled
"What about you and George" Hermione winked at Katherine
"Erm...yeah.." She blushed furiously
"You two have it bad" Hermione laughed
"Katherine is definitely worse" I teased
"Erm no you and Malfoy take first prize for that" She argued, still blushing
"You should do double dates" Hermione chimed in
"Merlin can you imagine" I laughed
"I would pay to see it" Hermione teased
"You and me both Mione" Katherine laughed.