The Pink Quill

Rose's POV
------
Umbridge was waiting 'sweetly' by the doors of the great hall as we all sluggishly made our way to our detention, I was walking right at the back as I mentally prepared myself to have to bite my tongue throughout this detention. We all made our way to our seats in the great hall as Umbridge had taken away the long house tables to set out the hall like it was an exam, I wish it were. I began to take a seat on either side of Hermione and Katherine when Umbridge called me name.

"Rose dear, I have a special quill for you today and for you Mr Potter" she smiled as she gestured to both of us.

Me and Harry gave each other a reassuring smile as we took the pink feathered quills out of her hands, taking them back to our seats awaiting the surprise she had left for us. Taking in a shaky breath I took my seat confused as to what I was supposed to write.

"Mrs Nicholls and Mr Potter you don't not need to follow the lines of everyone else, simply write whatever you'd like and the quill will work for you" She giggled as she took a seat simply sipping her tea as she looked at us with excitement.

Once again me and Harry gave each other a smile as I began to write my name on the piece of parchment, something simple as I awaited the pain and what ever would be carved into my flesh.

As I began to write my name the familiar burning sensation danced over my arm, wasn't these quills supposed to write on our hands. I cried out in pain as did Harry as the burning feeling travelled up the length of my right arm, making my skin feel like it was on fire. Everyone else in the hall averted their attention to me and Harry as they watched us cry out in excruciating pain, I had to cover my mouth the muffle out the echoing sound. I could feel the letters being carved into my arm, large deep cuts, I could feel the blood running down my arm trickling onto the palm of my hand. My teeth were clenched together tightly as I tried to focus on anything else, anything to distract from my rising anger.

"You may stop now" Umbridge smiled, a slight laugh escaping her lips.

I dropped the quill instantly as I clung onto my arm looking at Harry who had tears running down his bright flaming cheeks. Everyone got up from their seats without hesitation as I felt my feet carry me out of the hall just wanting to escape Umbridge's eyes, I couldn't give her the satisfaction. Once I was out of the great hall I saw Harry looking at his arm as everyone crowded round him gasping.

"Is it bad what does it say" I stutter
"Rose..." He started tears in his eyes.
I wrapped my fingers around my arm to slowly reveal the message carved into my skin, I felt my stomach twist when I first saw my red raw skin. However that was nothing compared to what I saw written on my skin...

'I will not disrespect Cedric Diggorys memory again'.

My body couldn't move, I was completely frozen as my eyes were fixated on the words as I read and re-read it over and over again until I felt like I was going to be sick.

"What does yours say Harry" I asked
"I will not disrespect my parents memory again" He said as anger flashed bright in his eyes.

I couldn't stand there a moment longer as I took off running down the long hallways as I clung onto my arm for dear life...I saw red I was so angry yet I felt like I could breakdown into tears any second from now. My breathing became heavy, too heavy for me be able to bare as I ran for the girls bathroom not aware of the voice calling out from behind me. I raced up to the mirror throwing my body weight at the sink as I glared down at the reflection of my arm in the mirror. Sobs trying to escape my throat were finally let loose as I felt all the emotions bottled up inside of me fall out in that instance. I felt like I was drowning in my own feelings, in my own mind it was killing me as we speak. Anger rushed to the surface and I threw the weight of my fists into the mirror shattering the glass instantly as my palms started to bleed from the shards falling off the mirror rapidly. Before I could throw one more punch at the already smashed mirror another hand caught mine as their grip overwhelmed me.

I turned around meeting Draco's eyes for a split second before he ripped his gaze away from mine and down to the bloody cuts on my arm. I saw his eyes flash with anger and then to pain as he read the words over and over again, analysing it carefully. My tears had suddenly stopped falling as the words dried up in my throat and my feet felt stuck to the bathroom floor. Draco quickly grabbed his wand, muttering a healing spell as I flinched at the feeling of my cuts sewing themselves back together. Once the cuts were not longer open wounds Draco averted his gaze back to mine as a single tear escaped his grey eyes, falling onto his pale white cheek.

"I'm so sorry Rose" He stuttered out
"I wanna kill that bitch" I seethed.

Draco pulled me flush against his chest as he wrapped his strong arms around me, resting his head on my hair as he kissed the top of my head gently. I didn't move at his touch, I didn't quite know how to respond part of me wanting to shove him off however part of me also wanted to melt into him desperately.

"If you don't hug me back this is really awkward" Draco laughed uncomfortably.

I debated with myself for a split second before I melted into him as I wrapped my arms around his torso and felt a sign of relief escape his lips instantly.

"I'm so sorry Rose, for everything I'm so sorry" Draco said with frustration at himself over and over
"Can we do this later please" I begged.

He held onto my even tighter at my words as we stood there in silence, embracing each other.

-
I left Draco in silence as I released myself from his arms and walked out of the girls bathroom and back to my dorm room. I couldn't talk to Draco today, my mind was to clouded and I had to talk to him with a clear mind so I knew exactly what I wanted to say to him. Although, despite everything when he hugged I felt whole again...

I returned to my shared dorm being met with Katherine staring down at her hand obsessively. I sat down besides her and took her unwounded hand in mine and we sat in silence...