Michael

Rose's POV
------
It had been a full week without any more trouble with the Carrows. Honestly, I'd just been keeping my head down in classes not wanting to get detention. Me and Katherine had been looking in the library every night trying to find out why the cruciatus curse didn't harm me but so far we had nothing. It was times like this that we really needed Hermione, only making her absence felt more. Walking down the halls of Hogwarts I felt the lingering summer heat hit my face slightly as I made my way to the grounds, charms homework in hand. I had decided to take the opportunity of the weather being nice to have some time to myself, away from the castle walls. Sorting my charms notes in my hand I took my eyes off the path I was walking down and suddenly collided with someone, knocking myself down to the ground. The tall grass softened my fall and I scrambled back to my feet trying to collect the parchment as I felt my face turn bright red.

"Sorry" I heard a voice mutter as the person I had collided with picked up a few remaining pieces of parchment. I looked up to be met the gaze of a handsome, green eyed ravenclaw boy who seemed oddly familiar. His eyes were kind, his smile bright as he passed me my charms notes looking just as embarrassed as I felt.

"My fault for not looking where I was going" I smiled
"It's okay Rose"
"Wait do I know you?"
"Michael, I used to be friendly with Cedric"
"Yeah I thought I recognised you"
"We have a few classes together"
"We do?"
"Yes, for the past 2 years and we were in DA together" He laughed
"Shit sorry" I muttered, embarrassed yet again.

"I thought it was really brave of you to stand up to the Carrows" He smiled
"Not that it did much good" I scoffed
"Surprised you've managed to bite your tongue this fast week" He teased
"Am I that bad?" I laughed
"Maybe a little"
"Thanks for the compliment" I rolled my eyes
"Anytime" Michael said knocking my shoulder playfully.

I don't know what compelled me to say the next line but he knew Cedric which was comforting and honestly I was quite bored life as Hogwarts wasn't fun anymore and Katherine was off with Ginny somewhere. Michael seemed nice, like a breath of fresh air.

"Wanna take a walk with me?" I asked making Michael shift his body nervously as he bit down on his lip slightly.
"Sure" He murmured
"Wow don't sound to excited" I teased
"My bad Rose Nicholls I would absolutely love to take a walk with you, genuinely" He beamed
"Much better" I smirked.

We both walked through the grounds of Hogwarts, taking in the only bit of sun that had shone down making the castle appear a little less haunting.

The walk was nice, it felt good to get away from the castle which felt more like a prison than a school these days. Michael told me stories about when Cedric would used to tutor him, we laughed and talk about anything and everything. He told me about his travels, his family, we even talked about the impending war. Michael was nice and down the earth, chatting with him felt natural and easy. Before we knew it we had been walking in circles having been talking to around 2 hours. Time seemed to move by quick, and I couldn't help but stare into his light green eyes, admiring his chestnut brown hair and the way it lit up in the natural light. He'd been in my classes for a while now but I hasn't ever realised how good looking he actually was, I guess I've never really noticed any guy at Hogwarts since me and Cedric broke up...I wonder why.

"Well we've been talking for ages" He laughed
"Merlin we have" I said looking down at his watch to see the time
"It's been really nice talking to you"
"You too, Michael"
"I've finally managed to get your attention" He laughed
"What do you mean"
"Haven't you been dating someone?"
"No..."
"Oh".

"Why do you say that?"
"I don't know I just feel like I remember hearing you had a boyfriend"
"No not since I dated Cedric, I did sleep with Blaise Zabini once but we don't need to talk about that" I laughed.
"Well I'm sure that's an interesting story" He laughed
"Slytherin parties" I rolled my eyes
"I'll take your word for it" He smiled.