The Bathroom Floor

Themes of suicide, self harm

Narrators POV
--------
Rose was cuddled up in the corner of the dark bathroom, her head leant against the bathtub as her eyes drifted in and out of consciousness. Draco's eyes doubled in size once he saw the blood running from her wrists, staining the white bathroom tiles. Every second that passed her skin only grew paler but she was alive and right now that's all Draco Malfoy could care about.

"ROSE NO, PLEASE!" Draco screamed, the ripple of his voice echoing throughout the door room. Draco raced towards Rose and scooped her up in his arms, crying heavily as he watched her eyes struggle to stay open. He held her in his arms like she was the most precious thing in the world and of course to Draco she was.

Without another moment wasted, Draco took out his wand, muttering a healing spell as he watched Rose flinch at the feeling of her wrist stitching itself up. He kept his eyes on her wrists watching until he knew no more blood would spill from her. The realisation that if he had been a second late she'd be gone, the feeling filled him up as the emotions overwhelmed him completely. Her eyes were cold, her body weak, Draco felt as if his world had been ripped from underneath him.

He took Rose's face in his hands as she leaned against his shoulders, both of them sat on the bathroom floor sobbing. Draco was crying louder and harder then he had ever cried in his life. He was scared to let her go, which only made his hold on her tighter. Rose reached up and firmly grasped Draco's arm, her nails slightly digging into his sleeve as the realisation of what was happening hit her. Hearing Draco's sobs made her heart completely break as she buried her head into his chest, wetting his shirt with her tears.

"I wanted to go" Rose sobbed into Draco's chest.

"I've got you, I've got you" Draco cried into her hair as he wrapped his strong arms around her upper body.

Suddenly, Professor McGonagall rushed in, panic across her face.

"Oh my" She gasped as she stared down at the scene, Draco didn't even take any notice of McGonagall's presence as he continued to sob into Rose.
"I'm getting Madam Pomfrey" McGonagall said with urgency and just like that she was gone. Leaving Draco and Rose sprawled out, crying on the bathroom floor.

The red stained bathroom floor.

Tears and blood mixed together, becoming one as Draco and Rose sat up against the bathtub, tears taking over. But, Draco had to get her out of here, he needed to get out of this room....

After 5 long minutes Draco snapped his head back up from Rose's hair, reentering reality. He looked down at a fragile Rose Nicholls and the protective instinct in him reignited, he had to protect her.

"Come on, let me help you up, let's go sit down" Draco softly said as he wrapped his hands around Rose's waist ready to help her up. Rose nodded slightly as she allowed Draco to get her back up on her feet, her knees buckling as she collapsed further into Draco. All the strength in her wiped away making her cling onto Draco for dear life. Draco took Rose and sat her gently down on her bed, his hands shaking uncontrollably as he did so.

"Do you want an-anything, I can get you water" Draco stuttered as he tried his best to withhold his tears.

"No" Rose muttered looking down at the floor with a blank expression.

"I'm going to go clean" Draco started
"Wait, sit with me please" Rose cried
"I have to clean-"
"Please".
Draco heard the tone in her voice break and immediately sat besides her, his body stiffened up not knowing how to act. His heart still pounding.

Silence

More silence

Even more silence

"I'm so sorry you weren't supposed to see that" Rose cried, her sobs escaping her throat.
"Why did you do that Rose...why would you-" Draco sobbed, in that moment Rose rested her head on his shoulder and he grasped onto her hand like it was his lifeline.