Finding Peace With Him

Rose's POV
——————
I watched as Rhiannon's facial expression soften and her gaze ran away from me and to someone behind her. My heart sank in my chest as I prayed once I turned around he would be stood there, after all this time that I could see him one last time. Taking a big breath in, letting the air of the white room fill my lungs I turned around.

But the air that had just filled up my lungs got trapped, my throat closed, my heart pounded and I felt my body tense up. I had to blink twice to double check I wasn't seeing things, this all seemed to much to be true.

There he was.

Cedric.

The image of him being pale almost grey, his eyes wide, blood shot, the life completely away from his body left my brain. The haunting image that had plagued me for so long melted away instantly because there he was. His skin was bright, flushed with a slight tinge of pink, his chestnut brown eyes sparkled and his smile was just as bright as I remembered it to be. He looked like Cedric again, I had spent so much time obsessed with the image of him from that night, I had almost forgot how he really looked. How his smile was truly infectious and could make me feel safe.

"Hey Rose" He beamed
"Cedric-" I said breathlessly.

I couldn't keep my eyes off him, I didn't want to waste a single second all I wanted to do was soak up the moment. He was here.

"We'll come here then" He smiled and without needing to be asked twice I raced over to Cedric, practically jumping into his arms. Wrapping my arms around his torso wanting to bury my head into his chest as much as possible. He brought his arms around my back, clinging onto me fiercely. He smelt the exact same, he smelt of autumn. I felt like I was coming home in his arms, the sense of family filling me up. I never wanted to let him go again, but I didn't have a choice.

Tears pooled in my blue eyes, falling rapidly until Cedric's shirt was drenched. The overwhelming feeling of seeing him again made the sobs in my throat escape, my chest rising and falling quickly as my heart pounded in my chest. I came up from our hug, grabbing ahold of Cedric's hand as I looked into his chestnut brown eyes. Looking up, I saw tears running down Cedric's pink flushed cheeks, both of our emotions unable to be trapped any more.

There was a moment of comfortable silence as we looked at each other closely, hands grasped together.

"I can't believe it, I can't believe your here!" I sobbed
"It's good to see you Rose, one more time".

"I'm so sorry, Cedric really I'm so sorry I'm so-"
"Rose stop! Why are you apologising" He cooed as he wiped the tears away from my cheeks.
"I could have done something, anything-"
"Rose, it wasn't your fault do you here me?" Cedric said sternly as he held my face in his hands.
"But if I told someone how bad I felt that day-"
"Stop, it wasn't your fault, it wasn't Harry's, it was no ones fault and anyway I'm happy here, I've found peace with what happened"
"I just can't forgive myself"....

"Well I forgive you Rose Nicholls, but there's nothing to be forgiven" He smiled
"You said your at peace here" I cried
"Yes and I hope knowing I'm at peace brings you some" He said, tears streaming
"What do you mean?"
"I know everything that happened, the Boggart, what you did, everything"
"Cedric-" I stuttered
"I'm just so glad your safe now, never thought I'd say this but thank merlin for Draco".

"How did you know?" I said sobbing
"Did you really think I wouldn't watch over you, I've been right by your side the entire time Rose and I always will be".

"I miss you so much Cedric, it's not right without you, I miss you more than anything" I cried, my body beginning to shake as I held onto Cedric tighter.

"I miss you too Rose, my life partner remember?"
"Always" I smiled
"I love you" He cooed
"I love you too Ced" I cried, burying my head into his chest one again as he brought his hand to my blond hair.

"You have been amazing Rose, I am so unbelievably proud of you, of everything you've done and are about to do" He said proudly
"You are?" I said with disbelief
"So proud, I always knew I had the greatest best mate but now everyone will"
"Will you stay by my side, until it's over"
"I always have been by your side Rose, that will never change" He cooed.

"It's almost time my dear" Rhiannon said walking on over to us, a sad smile placed on her face. I turned back around to Cedric, both of us crying uncontrollably as we intwined our hands.

"I will never ever forget you, I hope you know that" I stuttered trying to savour every single second
"I know that, don't you worry, Tell Matt how proud I am of him please"
"I will I promise!".

"Thank you for being my best friend Ced, I truly don't know what I would have done without you all these years. Growing up together, moulding each other. You taught me compassion, confidence, everything" I wept.

Cedric wiped away my tears once again, caressing my cheek as he tried to stop his sobs from leaving his throat.

"And you taught me ambition, courage, to believe in myself. We were there for each other through everything and that won't ever leave you Rose Nicholls".

"I love you Ced"
"Love you too, look after yourself Rose! Do not spend another moment blaming yourself! I am at peace and I need you to go back and live your life"
"I promise, I promise you".

"Go back and find Draco, be happy you deserve that more than anyone I know, I'll see you again"
"Not for a long time though" I frowned
"No, not for a long time so you better bring great stories with you to tell me when it's time"
"I won't ever forget you, ever" I said sternly
"I know" He smiled "Tell Draco thank you from me".

"Right it's time for you to go" He said, wiping away his tears and conjuring up his best brave face
"Yeah, time for this to end" I smiled
"Kick some arse Rose Nicholls" He smirked
"You'll be there?" I asked.

"I am always there, always".

Cedric moved his hand away from my cheek and down to my hand, taking my hand into his.

"You'll never stop being my family Rose"
"And you'll never stop being mine".

Rhiannon brought my free hand into hers, both her and Cedric on either side of me as I prepared to go back.

"You and Harry go finish this Rose" Rhiannon smiled
"Thank you, for everything".

Tears ran down my cheeks, I wasn't sure I had any tears left to shed now. I had tried an ocean seeing Cedric again. I turned my head to give Cedric one last look before I closed my eyes ready to go back. I didn't want to leave Cedric, but I had to go back to Draco. Suddenly, Cedric's touch disappeared and the white room faded away into the distance...