Just A Song

Rose's POV
——————
I woke up the next morning to Pansy snoring, it filled up the entire room and I could barely hear myself think. Quickly, I hurried out of bed stumbling to put my robes on as I made my way down for breakfast. As I walked down the corridors I saw professor McGonagall approach me.

"Morning Rose " she kindly said
"Hey professor"
"Are you settling in already? The rest of Slytherin treating you good?".

I paused at this question wondering why she was so interested but before I could answer.

"I take it they don't like your part griffindore"
"Yeah about that" I interrupted "how does that work I mean I've -I've never heard of that before..."
"Miss Nicholls, you'll find there have been many wizards and witches over time that have displayed different qualities to the rest take Mr Potter for explain".

I couldn't believe she was even comparing me to him, I'm just Rose normal simple Rose.

"I think you'll be a wonderful witch Miss Nicholls" and with that off she walked. I shook myself and continued to make my way to the great hall.

"NICHOLLS!" I heard a voice shout from a far. As I turned I saw Fred and George approaching me.
"Hey guys" I said. "What's up?" I sat at the end of the slytherin table as they towered above me trying to find their words

"We thought we'd let you know..."
"Erm...let me know what" their was a long pause and I couldn't wait anymore
"Christ spit it out boys"
laughing they both scratched their cheeks and begin to form a sentence finally.
"A lot of people have been well commenting on your looks...and there are atleast 4 boys I know from griffindore wanting to ask you out. Already!"
I paused to look at him in disbelief.
"Don't be-" before I could finish malfoy from across the other side of the table began to laugh, I simply glared at him before turning back to the twins.

"Well" they continued
"Dean Thomas has taken a fancy to you I reckon, and we wanted to help a friend out"
"Listen guys I'm flattered, really. But I already have a boyfriend"
"Someone at Hogwarts" Fred muttered. I simply nodded
"Who?" As they came closer to me
"Guess you'll have to figure it out" I sniggered back.

"Also...erm before you guys go." I handed them a piece of parchment from my pocket
"I have a singing gig tonight me and my band mates we wanna draw a crowd ya know? If you could come and maybe drag some others along" I said with such confidence. Singing was my passion so I was never shy about sharing it with others
"SURE!" They blurted out and quickly left leaving me to smirk as they shared the parchment around the griffindore table.

A few moments of peace went by until...
"Sing" Malfoy scoffed "you?"
"Yes. And I'm actually good at it"
"Yeah right" as he rolled his eyes
"Well why don't u bring your ego down to the pub at the end of Hogsmead tonight and find out for yourself, or are you to scared I might be right" before he could even reply I lept of my seat and walked out of the hall.

"Pssttt" I hear as I made by way to the library I turned to my side to see Cedric sloughed besides a wall and he stood eager to see me. Without even thinking about it I pull him into a tight hug as he rested his chin on my shoulders and pulled me closer to his chest. "You okay" I muffled from my head being buried in his arms.
"Missed you"
"Missed you too ced"
I pulled away and looked into his chestnut brown eyes unable to read what he was thinking.
"I'm in Slytherin ...." I trailed off
"Yeah..." he said observing his feet.
"Your feet more interesting then me then" I laugh.
As he looks up his lips turn into a smile "Christ, I knew you'd be in slytherin your the most sarcastic, ambitions and down right cunning person I know" I gently push him a little at this comment
"Not mad then?" I question
He simply reached for my hand, kissing my forehead. "Never" he replied.