May I Have This Dance?

Rose's POV
------
"Let go of me you filthy squib!" I heard being shouted with venom from across the room, brining the room to a stand still. As I turned around Draco was stood there, pale as a ghost as Filch held on tightly to his collar.
"Caught this one sneaking around" Filch growled
"Did anyone invite him?" Slughorn asked.

"I did sir" I shouted as I made by way past Hermione and Cormac and into the centre of the room.
"Very well let the young lad go Mr Filch" Slughorn smiled before returning back to his conversation, completely ignoring Draco.

I reached my hand out for Draco to take as he walked across the room with his head held down. At least he was finally here, but something about him didn't seem right and was giving me a horrible feeling. Everyone around us went back to their night and I watched Hermione shoot me a sweet smile before she turned back to Cormac...which she did not seem happy about. Draco was just about to take my hand as his stormy greys met mine and flashed brightly with guilt, but just before Draco was able to get to me Snape walked right in front of him.

"Mr Malfoy may I borrow you" He sneered
"I'm here to dance with my girlfriend" He spat as his eyes trialed back to mine once again.
"I'm afraid this cannot wait" Snape said, his eyes piercing into Draco's rather uncomfortably.
"Fine Professor" Draco sneered as he allowed Snape to lead him out of the party, not even looking or saying to me. He just left.

I watched as his blond hair disappeared out of sight, feeling my heart ache in my chest as the night went from good to bad very quick. My eyes searched the room for Hermione desperately as I stood in the centre of the room alone, not really sure what to do with myself. Once I'd spotted Hermione I charged right for her, completely dismissing Cormac as I pushed him out of the way.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked
"Just Draco drama" I scoffed
"Did he leave?"
"With Snape..."
"That's weird"
"Everything about him is weird lately, I know he's having issues with his family but he looks more and more ill as the days go on" I purged.
"I mean his father was put in Azkaban, I can imagine it's putting a lot of strain on his family"
"Yeah-Yeah your right Mione".

Silence

"I'm going to go back to my dorm I'm over this party if that's okay" I smiled weakly
"Are you sure? The party isn't over for a while you could just stay with me"
"Honestly it's fine, I'll see you tomorrow" I smile as I made by way out of the party.

My high heeled boots clicked on the floor as I made my way for the common room, my thoughts racing a mile a minute about Draco and Snape's weird interaction. Part of me was telling me if was just about homework I mean Draco had said he needed to talk to him about potions. However, the other part of me told me to stop being so stupid, that something else was at play. But I didn't like what my gut was telling me at all.

"PureBlood" I muttered to the portrait. I watched the painting swing open and stepped inside wanting to escape the cold air of the hallways. The orange flame of the fireplace lit up the entire common room and I felt the warmth brush over my pale skin. But I wasn't alone. Draco was sat on the sofa, his hands in his face. The fire made his platinum hair seem even lighter, his skin even paler. Once the door closed behind me the noise startled Draco and he quickly scrambled to his feet. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and stood there, staring back at me. I slowly walked over to him so that we were only a metre apart, I didn't know what to say honestly because our relationship just seemed unnatural these days. I love him more than ever but I couldn't ignore the yawning gut feeling I had telling something really awful was happening.

"Hey" Draco muttered underneath his breath
"Finished up with Snape?" I asked
"Yeah"
"What did he want?"
"Nothing much" He whispered
"Draco what did he want" I said sternly
"Just about potions I couldn't find him earlier on"
"So why were you late"
"Sorry about that" He frowned
"You didn't answer my question Draco...".

Silence

"I-I just lost track of time thats all, my mind just wandered off"
"And what is troubling you so much"
"Why would anything be troubling me"
"Draco you look sick, your not sleeping much, your forgetting things you normally wouldn't..."
"I have a lot of family stuff on my mind"
"And that's all"
"Yes"
"You promise Draco?".

Silence

"I promise Rose" He said sternly "I'm just worried about my mother and everything about my father so mind has just been shit, I'm sorry. Seriously"
"Well you didn't miss much" I scoffed
"I missed you" He smiled
"Yes you did" I raised my eyebrows, I was to stubborn for me own good sometimes.
"Did anyone get to dance with you?" He asked
"No...I was waiting for you" I said making him look down at the floor in guilt.

Draco averted his eyes from the floor and over to the other side of the room, he walked swiftly over to the stereo making me wonder what he was up to. I watched a smirk form on his lips as he turned on the stereo, carefully choosing a song.

"Draco what are you doing...." I asked
"I meant what I said earlier, I want to dance with my girlfriend" He smirked
"Is this?" I said as i listened to the music carefully
"Songbird, yes" he smiled as he made his way back over to me.

He held out his hand for my to take as a warm and loving smile formed on his lips.

"May I have this dance?" He cooed as he waited for me to take his hand.
I could not resist his smile and his stormy grey eyes as I placed my hand into his, feeling the same feeling of electricity I always got run through my body.
"You may" I smiled, bowing slightly as he did the same.

Our hand clasped onto mine, his free hand grabbing my waist tightly. Both of our bodies moved perfectly together along with the music, as I drowned in the smell of mint and cologne. I never wanted to let go of him. He spun me around effortlessly making me laugh with each turn, he even lifted me in the air as he began to show off. Our smiles were contagious as we stared into each other's eyes, hands intwined together. To my surprise I watched in ore as Draco quietly sang the lyrics to himself happily as he spun me around another time. His eyes lit up the entire room as the lyrics escaped his mouth and danced round the air, at this point I was smiling like an idiot as I watched Draco.

I closed my eyes and savoured the moment, this simple and beautiful moment. Draco held onto both sides of me face, staring right into my eyes as he pierced me with his stare.

"I don't tell you this often enough Rose Nicholls but you are truly the most beautiful person on this planet and I'm the luckiest guy alive" He whispered, holding onto my face tighter. I felt my heart pound in my chest as the words ran through my ears sweetly.

"And I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have you by my side" I cooed
"I love you more than anything" He smiled
"I love you too".
"I've never felt this way about anyone" He whispered
"Me neither" I smiled as his brought his lips to mine, pulling me in for a long and passionate kiss that made every inch of my body feel euphoric.

I saw Draco's worries drift out of his body as his grey eyes twinkled again, making butterflies in my stomach form. He pulled me against his chest and I wrapped my arms around him like it was second nature. The music had come to a halt but neither of us moved a muscle, we just stayed in each other's arms knowing we were both exactly where we wanted to be. The feeling of not seeing him until after the Christmas holidays ran through my body like a cold shudder, but that didn't matter right now because right now we were together. I just hoped that after Christmas he would open up to me, that he would look better...

We spent the rest of the night curled up on the common room sofa, Blaise joined us later on to fill us both in on the gory details of his date. Let's just say Blaise should be sent to Azkaban for the things he got up to tonight, but it was entertaining to here about. Blaise eventually dragged Draco away from me against his will and I went to head back up to my dorm with Katherine.

"I'll see you after Christmas love" He whispered as he placed one last kiss on his lips before leaving
"Your going now?
"Yeah well mother insisted on having Blaise and Jordan over earlier" He smiled
"Have a good Christmas"
"You too" He cooed as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead and then he was gone. I watched as him Blaise and Jordan walked out of the common room door, hoping these next few weeks would go by fast.