The Goblet Of Fire

Rose's POV
------
Today was the day, the day that the 3 names would be chosen out of the goblet. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. It was only a few days ago that Cedric had entered his name into the goblet.

"Come on Ced!" Matt chanted as I looked up from my seat next to Hermione to see Cedric running in with all of his mates. In his hand, a piece of parchment with his name ready for the goblet to swallow and ignite fear within me.
Before he placed his name into the Goblet he stopped in his tracks to shoot me a warm smile and mouthed "Don't worry" to me.
As much as it scared me I knew how much it would mean to Cedric and his father if he was chosen. Especially Hufflepuff as a whole, they would finally get to be in the limelight here at Hogwarts. And with that Cedric placed his name into the Goblet....

I comfortably sat alone until I saw Hermione and Katherine push past everyone else to get to me
"MOVE" I heard Katherine shout, which made me laugh.
They swiftly sat next to me, not saying a word but both shooting me a reassuring smile. Harry and Ron soon followed along as we all chatted amongst ourselves waiting...
I spotted Draco at the front of the room, his blond hair really did make him stand out like a sore thumb, our eyes met and he shot me a small smile. I really must look scared if Draco feels the need to smile at me like that.

"Rose, why is Malfoy staring at you?" Ron sneered
"Is he" Harry turned to look
"Guys he only does it to annoy her, calm down" Katherine chimed in shooting me a smile as if to say
'Your welcome'.

Dumbledore came front and centre and the room finally fell completely silent. He pulled out the first name for Durmstrang and it was none other than Viktor Krum. The whole hall erupted in cheers and chants, all celebrating Krum. Along with Draco. I however stayed silent violently chewing down on my chipped black nail varnish. The second to be chosen was a good called Fleur who I did not recognised. Then, it was time for the Hogwarts champion.

"And the Hogwarts champion is...".

Shit, shit, shit.

"CEDRIC DIGGORY" Dumbledore shouted .

The entire Hufflepuff table jumped to their feet brining Cedric into a ray of hugs. The Slytherins did not look impressed mind you, but the rest of the hall applauded louder than they had for any of the other champions who had been chosen. I stood up to my feet and applauded along with everyone else. Just as Cedric began to walk towards Dumbledore he quickly ran towards me and quickly pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Don't worry" He whispered as he smiled and pulled away from the hug
"I'm so proud of you Ced" I smiled.
And I really was, I was so so proud of him. Cedric was going to be amazing I just knew it.

Suddenly, to everyone's surprise the goblet of fire spat out another name. Leaving it to slowly drift into Dumbledore's palm.
"Harry Potter" he murmured to himself
"HARRY POTTER" he shouted, his voice filling up the entire great hall.

Everything went so fast, suddenly Harry was standing amongst the champions...so there was 2 Hogwarts champions now...there was no way Harry put his name in that goblet. No way.

--
"CEDRIC" I practically screamed as I ran into his arms. He lifted me up into the air, spinning me around into an even tighter hug.
"I did it!" He beamed
"You certainly did!" I laughed "your bloody amazing Cedric Diggory"
He smiled wide and looked down at the floor in embarrassment
"I mean it, best person I know".