Dumbledore Is Dead

Rose's POV
——————
After taking a shower and stuffing myself with food until I couldn't eat anymore I headed back to the hospital wing just in time for Draco to be released. The sky towered above Hogwarts in a way it never had before, it was dark and gloomy. Something about the sky gave me a haunting feeling as I rounded the corner, the hospital wing in sight.

I spotted Draco's platinum hair as I made my way into the wing, he was already dressed in his classic black suit. But there was something off about his expression, making a terrible feeling fo in the pit of my stomach.

"Hey" I smiled
"Let's go, now" Draco said with a rushed tone as he grabbed hold of my arm and forced me out of the wing without another word. He lead me all the way out the hospital wing and down a few more corridors until I realised we were heading back to the common room.

"Draco what's wrong?" I said, worried
"I need you to go back to your dorm, lock your door and do not come out no matter what" Draco said sternly as he clung onto my arms fiercely.
"Draco your scaring me"
"It's happening tonight..."
"Let me help you!" I interrupted
"No!" Draco raised his tone "Absolutely not!"
"I can't just stay in my dorm"
"Yes you can and you will".

Draco looked into my eyes, not breaking away from my gaze for a second as he held onto my tight. I saw fear flash in the stormy grey making my knees feel completely weak.

"Draco-"
"Rose, I need you to be safe. I'm not going to be able to do what I need to if I'm worried about you!" Draco shouted, his tone rushed
"Just go back to your dorm Rose and stay there!".

Silence

"Okay..." I muttered
"Promise me?" Draco said sternly
"I promise"
"I will owl you whenever it's safe okay?"
"Okay..."
"Stay in your dorm Rose!"
"I will I promise!"
"It's gotta to go" Draco said, breaking our eye contact to stare down at this watch, worry all over his expression.

He went to turn away from me and walk back up through the lonely castle but I lunged forward, grabbing hold of his arm. I crashed my body up against him, wrapping my arms tightly around him, breathing in the smell of mint and cologne that I adored. He didn't hesitate to snake his arms around my waist and pull me into him even further.

"Just be safe, do whatever you need to do to be safe okay. Please come back in one piece Draco" I said, burying my head into the crook of his neck.
"Don't worry I'll be safe"
"I love you, so much".
Draco took my face in his hands and placed a long and soft kiss onto my lips, following by another on my forehead.
"Love you too darling" He cooed "I'll contact you whenever I can...I have to go".

And with that he went.

I watched him stride away into the darkness of the castle, and keeping my promise to Draco I made my way back to my dorm room. I returned back to my shared dorm with Katherine instead of mine and Draco's, wanting to make sure that Katherine was safe. I rushed into my room to find Hermione and Katherine sat on the bed, giggling over some kind of muggle magazine.

"Rose!" Hermione beamed as she looked away from her magazine
"Hey guys" I said trying to conceal my panic
"Everything okay? Katherine questioned
"We have to stay in the dorm" I blurted out.

Silence

"Rose what's wrong" Hermione said, standing to her feet as her and Katherine made there way over to me
"I-I don't know how to explain"
"You can tell us anything!" Katherine smiled
"Is it about Draco?" Hermione questioned
"Yes, it is"
"You can trust us" Hermione smiled.

"There's going to be an attack on the castle, I can't tell you everything I wish I could but we have to stay here. Please" I blurted out.
"An attack? Death eaters?" Hermione said with worry
"Yes...but Draco does not have a choice! It's very complicated...and I-"
"You don't have to explain! We trust you" Hermione smiled as well as Katherine.
"We will stay here so we are all safe" Katherine said.

We all sat, mostly in silence as time ticked on. Every minute that passed the more worried I felt. The thought of Draco being in danger made me feel sick to my stomach, the idea of losing him made it feel as if the world was caving in. Katherine and Hermione tried to make small talk but it barely worked. All we could do was sit and wait.

"Waiting is killing me!" Katherine broke the silence
"I really wanna go out there..." I trailed
"Well why don't we?" Katherine blurted
"I promised Draco, I can't break that".

Suddenly, we heard a ray of loud crashed and cries break out from inside the castle making all of us jump to our feet. I ran to the window to see if I could see something, anything. With wide eyes I watched as I spotted the familiar head of blond hair race down the castle grounds with a group of others. A group of death eaters, but he was alive and that is all that mattered, he was somewhat safe. Spells flew every which way as the shouting continued, and I broke my promise to Draco in that moment, now he was safe I ran to the door.

Me, Katherine and Hermione shot down the lonely corridors of the castle, running towards the noises. I knew what was waiting for me, but it didn't make it any easier. Our feet slowed their pace when we saw the great hall, completely shattered and in ruins. It looked like a bomb had hit. The sky had been cursed with the symbol of the death eaters, taunting us from the dark and haunting midnight sky. The noises had come to a stand still, students piled to the courtyard.

We pushed our way through the huge crowd of people, tears rolling down every single persons cheeks. Laying in the centre of the crowd was Dumbledore, lifeless. His skin had already grown pale, death soaking up his body completely. Me, Katherine and Hermione grabbed hold of each other's hands as we stared down at our headmaster, the person who had looked out for all of us for years, protected us. The courtyard filled with sadness as everybody wondered what to do and what to say. But there was nothing anybody could say. Recognising this, McGonagall lifted her wand straight up into the air, light expelling from the tip and shooting into the dark sky. Then more and more wands followed McGonagall's actions, light breaking the dark mark away. We all stood in silence, our wands raised, tears rolling from everyone's eyes as we remembered our headmaster.

Harry came running to Dumbledores side, crouching down besides him. Harry had been through so much these past few years, he had lost yet another person. Cautiously I made my way over to Harry, crouching down to his level and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. He didn't talk he simply just reached his hand up to mine, grasping onto it tight.

"I'm so sorry Harry" I whispered as I watched him stare down at Dumbledores lifeless body.