The Wedding

Rose's POV
------
The beating sun shone down on me as I walked through London, the summer heat washing over me. Summer was already almost over, September loomed close by with another year at Hogwarts ahead. I was about shopping for a dress for Bill and Fleur's wedding.

This summer had been long and tedious so far, I'd returned home and thought my mum would pass out after finding out what had happened, what I almost did. My dad however showed little to no emotion but like Draco he was excellent at hiding his emotions. McGonagall had told my parents everything as soon as term ended now that I would need my sessions to be at home and my medication brought over. I couldn't hide it from them anymore. Exactly like the summer after 4th year my mum had treated me like a broken doll, I think the shock had finally snapped her out of not speaking to me. She'd drone on and on about how sorry her and my dad were, how they would do anything to make it up to me. But, all they were doing was suffocating me again like the summer after 4th year. However, anything was better than how they treated me before. Anything.

Luckily I had convinced my mum not to tell anyone else, not Mr Diggory, not Matt, no one. Everyone who needed to know already did.

For the last month of summer I have been spending my time at the burrow along with Katherine and Hermione. Spending time with them has been great, we were as close as ever again even more so now. But Hermione had broken the news to us that she would be travelling with Ron and Harry to find horcruxes instead of coming back to Hogwarts with us. I felt my heart shatter at the news, me and Katherine spent the entire night trying to figure out another way so she could be safe. But honestly, she had to do this. Harry was our only shot at beating...you know who, and he couldn't do it without Ron and Hermione. They were the golden trio. If anyone could keep them safe, Hermione certainly would.

But this summer had been filled with worry, worry for Draco. I haven't heard a single thing from him since the night Dumbledore had died, nothing. The daily prophet was the only source of knowledge I had, all I knew was that he was alive. The unknown was eating away at me, I just wanted to be with Draco because I felt like part of me was missing without him. Every part of my body ached. Everyone was the same these days, the feeling of fear, we all knew what was coming. A war was unavoidable. Me and Draco were on opposite sides of this, putting us both in extreme danger but all I knew is that I would be with Draco no matter what. I couldn't walk away from him again, it almost destroyed the both of us.

I loved shopping in London, I loved how no one around knew what was happening, no one knew about the wizarding world. London was just full of clueless muggles which oddly enough was quite relaxing.

I spotted Hermione and Katherine coming out of a store, hands full of shopping bags. It was Harry's birthday the day of the wedding so Hermione had made it her mission for him to have the best birthday yet.

"Hey guys" I beamed
"Did you find a dress?" Hermione smiled
"I did" I said, opening up the shopping bag to reveal the long flowing dark blue dress
"It's beautiful" Katherine gasped
"Best be, it cost enough" I laughed as we made our way to a quiet corner to apparate to the burrow.

The awful feeling of being shoved through a tube filled my body until we landed harshly at the burrow. The decorations had already been set up, a huge marquee sat in the beautiful summer grass. I loved the idea of having a wedding in these trying times, it gave us all something to hold onto. Hermione scurried into the kitchen trying to hide the birthday cake away from Harry while Katherine went and joined George and Fred. I watched as Harry sat on the step of the front door, staring at the wedding decorations with wide eyes.

"Hey Harry" I smiled taking a seat next to him
"Hey Rose"
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine, it just seems a bit odd having a wedding..."
"I think everyone just wants something to look forward to" I smiled
"I feel like I'm wasting time though!"
"Harry your not wasting time, you deserve to enjoy yourself for once".