My Date Is Running Late

Rose's POV
——————
"There you are!" Hermione huffed as I made my way to sit besides her and Katherine, very late to the quidditch match.
"Where have you been you've missed over half of it"
"Sorry Mione" I smiled as I focused on the match, completely avoiding Hermione's stare.

"What is that?" Katherine gasped out of no where
"What is what" I asked
"Erm those massive red marks on your neck" she laughed
"Rose Mae Nicholls!" Hermione shouted
"Are those...love bites on your neck" Katherine winked
"Oh shit" I muttered
"Least now we know why your late, hope it was worth it" Katherine teased
"Actually-" I began
"I don't wanna know" Hermione rolled her eyes making me and Katherine burst out laughing.

We watched as Ron did absolutely outstanding, I sat there for about 10 minutes before the match ended and Griffindore won. Technically I was going against my house by not supporting Slytherin but they'd live, I mean I was part Griffindore...even if I still don't have a clue what that even means but that's the wizarding world for you. Hermione tried her best to contain her smile but it was no use, she really was smitten with Ron. We all headed out of the pitch as Hermione planned on sneaking us into the Griffindore common room for a celebration party.

"Nice of you to support the wrong team" Blaise shouted as we all walked past the Slytherin team
"You will survive Zabini don't worry" I laughed
"Better see you at our next match then!"
"Have to wait and see Blaise".

Me and Katherine playfully waved over to the rest of the Slytherin team as we made our way inside the castle to celebrate. Hermione successfully snook us in the the common room and the party began. It wasn't like the usual Slytherin party, it was a lot tamer which usually I would hate but it was actually kind of nice. Everyone in the common room chanted Ron's name over and over again as we gathered around and let him have his moment. The familiar burning sensation of fire whiskey ran down my throat as watched Ron's ego grow ten sizes from the chants. Hermione was across the room talking to Harry while me and Katherine were happy chatting away with Luna who Neville had snook into the party. Suddenly, Lavender the girl who I recognised drooling over Ron months ago tugged at his arm and without hesitation crashed her lips onto his. What made it even worse was Ron responded immediately and wrapped his arms around Lavender In front of everyone. In front of Hermione.

I watched Hermione's smile drop and felt her heart break from across the room as she made her way out of the common room, Harry following after her.

"Is she okay?" Katherine asked
"She likes Ron doesn't she" I said
"She does?"
"Of course she does! It's obvious, and I-I thought Ron felt the same..." I trailed off
"Lets go find her" Katherine stated as she dragged my arm out of the common room.

Me and Katherine made our way down the hard stone stairs, the sound of our footsteps echoing into the distance. As we reached the end of the stairs we both saw Hermione crying on Harry's shoulders as the frosty wind blowed up against them.

"Hermione" I whispered making her head snap out as the sound of my voice
"Hey guys" she smiled weakly as we walked to sit with her and Harry
"Are you okay?" I asked
"Yeah...I'll be fine" She tried to smile
"We're here if you need us" Katherine cooed making Hermione pull me, Katherine and Harry into a tight hug, crushing us all.
"I can't breath" I laughed as Hermione came away from the hug, a small smile dancing across her face
"You guys are the best" She beamed.
"Listen Slughorns party is coming up in a few days and we're all gonna be there and have the best fun okay" Katherine smiled
"Yeah your right" Hermione said.

I was sat in the common room, curled up on the sofa flicking through a list of different spells when Draco came in and sat besides me. Looking even more tired than usual.