Memories Returned

Rose's POV
——————
1 days since the horror at the Manor had passed by, but leaving didn't make all the awful events stop. Once we arrived on a quiet, windy beach in Cornwall the pain didn't stop as Dobby the house elf had been stabbed. Harry pleaded with Hermione but there was nothing anyone could do to help him. He died in Harry's arms. We spent the rest of the day mourning over Dobby, we helped Harry bury him without any magic to give him the send off he deserved. I felt my heart shatter once Harry wrote 'Here lies Dobby, a free elf' on the beach stone. Someone else Harry lost, another casualty of the war.

Hermione hadn't spoken much and no one wasn't to push her. She had allowed me to help bandage up her arm where 'mud blood' had been carved. I tried my best to heal the cuts but the scars would remain. We sat up all night long, mostly reading in silence but just having her company was enough. Our hands grasped ahold of each other's in our sleep, best friends back together. We just needed Katherine. Even if Hermione's company I couldn't stop thinking about what had been said at the manor, the images that had flashed through my mind. All I knew is I had to get to the bottom of it.

Harry, Ron and Hermione came downstairs from speaking to Mr Ollivander, Luna had already left for Bill and Fleurs cottage and back to Hogwarts. At least Neville could finally find some peace seeing her again. Hermione came over and took a seat next to me as we intwined our hands together.

"You okay?" I said softly
"Yeah, thanks" She smiled, holding onto my hand tighter
"I'm here if you need anything" I smiled back as Harry and Ron came to sit with us.
"We're breaking into Gringotts" Harry blurted to me
"You're what!" I shouted
"I think there's a horcrux in Bellatrix's vault"
"When are you going?" I questioned
"Now, we can't waste time" Harry said sternly
"So are you coming? Ron questioned.

Silence

"She can't" Hermione spoke up
"Mione?" I questioned
"You have to figure out what happened with Draco"
"I can't"
"Rose, you were even talking about it in your sleep"
"I was?"
"Yes" Hermione laughed "I'm guessing someone took your memories from you after what you told me.

"But why would someone do that" Harry asked
"Isn't that the whole point, she's forgot" Ron rolled his eyes making a small laugh appear on Hermione's lips, the sight making my heart swell.

"She's right you should go" Ron continued trying not to blush at Hermione's smile
"You guys need help!" I said
"We'll be fine, we promise" Ron added
"Go find McGonagall when you get back to Hogwarts she may be able to help" Hermione smiled.

As much as I wanted to stay with them and help after months of being apart I needed to get to the bottom of what memories I was clearly missing. The feeling of not knowing the full story was eating away at me. I got up from my seat pulling Hermione into a bone crushing hug, Harry and Ron joining only a few moments laughter. We all stood, holding onto each other for as long as possible but time was against us.

"We've got to go" Harry frowned as we all pulled away from the hug
"Be safe" I smiled
"You too" Hermione said sternly while squeezing my hand reassuringly
"I'll see you guys soon" I tried to smile as I slowly let go of Hermione's hand.

I saw a tear escape from Hermione's eyes as I apparated out of the cottage. The familiar sensation of being sucked through a tight tube filled up my body but before I knew it my feet landed firmly on the ground. I couldn't waste a single second so I picked up the pace and ran towards the castle. My feet turning into lightning bolts as the need for the truth carried me. The castle was just as freezing and lonely as I remembered it to be, the sky had only grown darker. The gloominess overtaking the once home like nature of Hogwarts. I didn't stop until I found McGonagall, going from classroom to classroom.