Harry's Theory

Rose's POV
------
I slipped away from my peaceful sleep as my eyes begrudgingly opened to see the dark night sky already descending over Hogwarts. Wow I must have slept for a long time. Not knowing whether Draco would be in the common room or not I slowly made me way out of my warm bed. Pulling on one of Draco's black jumpers he'd 'let me' steal I made by way down the freezing cold stairs and to the common room.
Just like he had promised Draco was sat on the sofa, his head in a book as he waited for me. He always kept his promises. Once he'd seen me he placed his book to one side and pulled me into a hug without a second thought. Like always I melted into him instantly, feeling at home in his arms.

"You okay?" He said as he brushed his hand up and down my arm
"I am now" I smiled.

He tilted my chin up towards him as he dove in for a kiss, he was gentle with me as he caressed my cheek. He knew exactly what I needed and how to comfort me in a way no one else did or ever would.

"You waited for me" I blushed as I gazed into his beautiful grey eyes
"I'd always wait for you Blondie" Draco smirked as he leant in for another long and gentle kiss.

After we sat happily in each other's company for about an hour I decided to get up and go to the feast, I was absolutely starving.
"You coming to dinner?" I asked Draco
"I'm actually not that hungry I'll just stay here"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, you go" He smiled as he squeezed my hand.

I felt bad for leaving Draco, it made me be plagued with the same horrible gut feeling again. Trying my best I just pushed the feeling to one side as I made my way into the great hall, surrounding by laughter and chatter of all the other students.
I spotted Katherine sat on the griffindore table along with Hermione, Ron and Harry. She waved me over eagerly as soon as she spotted me and I gladly made my way to take a seat next to Katherine.

"Are you okay?" Katherine said with worry as she grabbed hold of my hand
"Yes much better now, Draco took care of me"
"Good" Katherine nodded as she lightly squeezed my hand.

I could tell no one knew what to say or how to act around me, brining me back to the start of 5th year. But I couldn't blame them, I felt awkward for myself. I piled my plate high as I devoured everything quickly, I really was hungry.

"Damn Rose slow down" Hermione laughed
"I'm coming for Ron's crown" I joked
"Your bloody well not" He laughed, scooping up some more potatoes.

I felt happy to be around them all, to laugh with them it just didn't feel like how it had before, I don't know how to explain it. After all my nightmares, seeing Cedric everything I felt like the half the person I was when I first came to Hogwarts. The only time I felt alive these days was when I was with Draco, but that wasn't always perfect. Slowly I felt like I was slipping away I just didn't know how to stop it, but I guess everyone feels like that these days, we're all in dark times right now.

"Rose" Harry muttered
"What's up"
"Is it okay if I speak to you outside?"
"Erm...Yeah okay" I said confused.

Harry jumped off his seat immediately and gestured me out of the great hall. Confusion was written over my face as I looked back at Hermione and Katherine only for them to shrug their shoulders. I followed Harry until he stopped in the now empty corridor, the sound of the great hall getting quieter with each step I took to catch up with Harry. He turned towards me as I watched him try to form his sentence over and over again.

"Merlin spit it out!" I snapped, growing impatient
"It's about Malfoy" He said, a serious face written over his face
"What about Draco?" I said, still confused.

Silence

"There's no easy way to put this but...he's a death eater".

Silence

"Excuse me" I spat
"Just let me explain before you shout, please!"
"Explain then"
"The night of Slughorns party...I followed him and Snape out and overheard their conversation. Rose I heard him admit to cursing Katie Bell, I heard him talking about how we was chosen!".
"Your lying..."
"Rose why would I lie!".

Silence

"I've seen his arm..." I trailed off
"There's charms he can use to hide it Rose, Malfoy is a lot of things but he's not stupid"
"And you heard this conversation clearly?" I asked
"Faintly I didn't hear everything" He said
"See? You don't know the real story Harry!" I snapped.

"Rose!"
"No! I know Draco and he's not like that...he's not one of them!" I shouted.
"He's not a good person Rose!"
"How do you know? You don't even know him Harry! Draco has helped me more than anyone these past years" I spat
"He's a death eater!"
"Stop!" I shouted
"His family killed Cedric!"
"STOP!" I screamed.

I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me, my chest felt tight like there was no air left in my lungs. My heart thudded in my chest as I felt a mixture of anger and dread run through my veins, burning my skin.

"Go and find out for yourself Rose" Harry simply stated and with that he walked off back into the great hall, leaving me stood alone in the freezing cold corridor.

-
Suddenly my feet charged forward, my body obeying and following as I marched to find Draco. My mind was spinning as so many questions and theories filled it, making me feel like I could explode any second. The thoughts were deafening. I knew Draco, underneath all the superficial bullshit he was funny, kind, loyal, caring. He had stood by me through everything, he was far from perfect by he didn't have the heart to be...one of them. I stopped in my tracks as I saw the familiar flash of platinum blond walk ahead of me. At first I thought to call out to him but for some reason I followed him not saying a word. If I was going to get to the bottom of Harry's theory I would have to follow him. But the more steps I took towards Draco the more Harry's words replayed in my head, and the feeling that he was right haunted me as my feet kept walking.

I hid behind a corner as I watched Draco stopped right in front of the wall to the room of requirement. He closed his eyes, muttering something I couldn't understand and the door materialised within seconds. I watched as he stepped inside and the door disappeared, leaving no trace of Draco.

My palms were drenched in sweat as I walked up to the wall, staring right at it. I closed my eyes putting everything out of my mind as I muttered
"Show me where Draco Malfoy is".
I watched the familiar sight of the door appearing in front of my eyes, reminding about the DA meetings. I placed my hand on the door handle as I twisted it to the side, I let out a deep and shaky breath before stepping inside.