"Kim Potential..." Part XLVIII...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part XLVIII...

"I trust you understand, Dr. Bortel...This is a provisional release, pending completion of our investigation." General Masters, sternly...Frown at the little scientist in chair across his desk.

"Oh, ja, General...And I am pleased to have a chance to do my part in the hunt for this dangerous fellow. Uh, tell me? Is it really true Dr. Drakken has been implicated?"

"And you heard that, how? Doctor?"

"Word gets around..." shrug... "And my lawyer mentioned it."

Hmmn...Well...

"There's a possibility he and the Throwback are in communication..." the general, carefully.

"I see...Well...A dangerous combination. Is Miss Possible on the case?" Bortel, eagerly.

"Possibly..." Masters, not cracking a smile. "And many others may be in on it."

"I understand...Very good...You'll have my utmost cooperation, General."

"That's fine, doctor...We count on it. Our staff will see you home now."

"Excellent...My thanks, General...And...Please...No hard feelings...I know everyone must be a suspect and myself in particular in such times."

"We appreciate your patience and your cooperation, Professor."

My middle names...Bortel did not say...

Deny...Deny...Deny...The Drakken mantra, Potential thought, carefully watching the helicopter instrument panel...

Most of which she got, courtesy Dad's intensive-in-artificial-womb training courses...To some extent...

Well, at least she could monitor fuel and keep the thing on a fairly straight course.

Ron, quiet in his seat, except for providing some instructions and directions via Wade on Kimmunicator.

"Look, Ron...Whatever crazy idea you've got in your noggin..."

"Nothing crazy about it, Kim." He replied.

"...Fine, whatever...I just wanted to say, thanks for coming along...And whatever you think, you're my priority."

"After the good doctor..." he replied, a bit grimly.

"I'm going after the Throwback...Drakken's a lead, nothin' more. And why, pray tell, would I be putting myself in such harm's way, given I understand this one's not your typical cartoonish evildoer?"

Silence...

"Fine...I'll tell you why...Because this guy is a Nazi and my boyfriend is Jewish...And I won't sit round, trusting in idiots like Hego, waiting for him to come and hurt my boyfriend because that's what this animal likes to do." She eyed him.

"Whatever you want to believe..." she finished, high-minded tone.

Heck, it's mostly true...Would I risk my precious ass for anything but true love?

And Dad...But that's because my idiot father is doing this, obviously, for me.

One more point against you, Shego...By the way...You should've stopped him...Hogtied him as necessary...