"Kim Potential..." Part LXXIV...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LXXIV...

"Fifteen minutes, not a second more..." Drakken eyed Shego. "I swear I'll stun you if you even hesitate..."

She, in deep diving suit, oxygen/helium tank strapped, nodded. Offering a thumb's up...Smiling through the mask at his worried face.

"Are you receiving me?" her voice, through the radio receiver. Drakken and Walter nodding...

She put a hand out which Drakken took.

"I'll be back...I promise..." she grinned. "Thanks, sweetheart..." warm beam. "You're a miserable excuse for a world conqueror but the best husband a girl could have...Drew. And I will come back, for your sake...Even if she's really gone."

"Please do...I mean it about stunning you and you'd be furious with me."

Grin as she entered the airlock, Walter sealing the hatch behind her. Water filling the chamber, the outer hatch opened and she swam out...

"Keep a lock on her at all times, Walter." He noted. "Take us up to 150 feet slowly behind her, and hold."

"Aye, aye, Boss..." nod.

"Blast her if she stays one second overtime on the surface."

"Targeted and locked, mon captaine..."

Shego moving to the surface as they watched on camera...

"The new suit's terrific, Boss." Walter noted. "No decompression problems at all..."

"A necessity when you deal with Kimberly..." Drakken smiled... "How many times we've had to flee an undersea vessel or lair...The bends becomes a real occupational hazard."

The UN freighter...

Hego offering a mug of cocoa to Ron in the radio room...

"They're making for the edge of the continental shelf and just cut speed. Drakken's new lair must be close."

"Right..." Ron nodded, taking sip...

"I suppose..." he eyed Hego... "You were a little shocked just now..."

"I'm sorry for what you're going through, Ron." Hego shook head. "I can't say I've been there exactly but I do love someone who's gone over to the other side."

"Yeah..." Ron sighed. "Do you ever think...What could happen...?"

"That I might have to kill my own sister? Or she might kill me or the boys?" Hego, carefully...Pausing...

"Every time I get an emergency call..." wan smile. "And I'm afraid I'll find it hard to ever forgive Drakken for that."

"What do I do, Hego? I mean, I know I have to free Kim, that goes without saying...But..."

"This isn't your fault, Ron. You didn't cause this..."

"She needs me...I might very well be her only chance..."

"Kim...Real Kim...Needs you too, Ron. And not just to save her from Drakken."

"She'd get by...I'm just old Ron...She has her family...I'm probably just a passing thing..."

"Ron?"

"We'll be off to college soon...She'll be the great KP, I'll be the dorky high school sweetheart, and kinda an embarrassment...In the end, she doesn't need me, I know that."

"Ron. If this girl really is Kim, just flipped Kim...Then you're seeing just how much Kim loves you. Don't sell the original short...Ron, she told you herself...You know what Kim is capable of..."

"Her legs, her arm, Hego." He stared at Hego.

"You didn't cause that...You don't owe you her, Ron. And Kim needs you as much as she does. You can't abandon her without even giving her a chance...Ron, don't underestimate even original Kim's dark side. I made that mistake once and pay for it every day." Mournful look...

"If this girl is just what Kimberly is capable of...The last thing you can do to original Kim is abandon her now, Ron."

"I'll see this through...But..."

"Ron...If anything would turn Kim, this would. Even if she doesn't go Evil...It'll hurt her soul. To lose you to her own darkest side? At least give her a chance..."

"I can't let her kill her...Either one...And I can't be her killer, either one..."

"I know...Ron, I'll do what I can for her...If we can get her away, I'll help you do that...But only if you promise to give Kim her fair chance. She loves you...I don't think you realized how much until this one showed you...But it's Kim's love you're seeing...Don't throw it away."

"All the things I've ever wished Kim would do and say...She does..." Ron said, simply. Eyeing Hego... "I can't say I don't want that...I've seen what we could have..."

"What Kim wants to give you...Be patient, Ron. It's all there in her, the same love." Wan smile. "Don't let the Dark Side of the Possible seduce you, Stoppable. You've no idea what the consequences could be..."

"Ron?..." Wade's voice on the radio...

"Yeah..." he clicked the transmitter's button. "What's up, Wade?"

"We've considered the clone's suggestion and we're gonna have the droid transmit her message." Wade said. "What's your sit, over?"

"Drakken's people must be near their lair, they're slowing down."

"Do you want support, over?"

Hego shook head at Ron's look...

"Not yet...We'd best go in quiet...Uh, over..."

"Ok...But don't take any chances...We can have our forces there in twenty minutes...Or move in closer, over."

"We'll call you in as soon as we need you...Tell the Possibles we'll get her back, over."

"Lost Island" platform, corridor...

Potential retired to the clinic for much-needed rest therapy, Avairius had nervously followed Lindendon who'd expressed a desire to use the well-stocked library for some reading.

Time to catch-up a bit on the past few decades...

"Colonel? A moment?"

"My friend..." calm smile, pause. "Are you perhaps concerned about my reaction to our young charge's little romance? You may rest easy."

"She loves that boy, Colonel."

"A young girl must have her sentimental attachments...And even I was young once, Alan." Bizarrely warm smile on the hideous features.

"You won't harm him...?"

"Avairius...The little fellow is merely mortal...Our dear girl, thanks to the treatments saving her life is more and more like me...Her life will of necessity be extended...And I'm a more patient man than I've been given credit for, in some concerns...I can wait for her feelings to change. And over time, as she finds herself apart from the common herd, and the little Hebrew boy meets his natural fate..." shrug.

Why does this not reassure me?...Avairius eyed him.

"Thanks, Colonel. I appreciate it, for the girl's sake."

"Certainly, my friend..." smile. "Her continued well-being and happiness is, after all, essential to me...And my plans..."