"Kim Potential..." Part LXXXVI...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LXXXVI...

UN General Assembly building, New York...

Men's restroom...

Arch smile to a startled young UN intern from the "young woman" now leaving the stall from which a bespectacled Avairius emerged, with sheepish look a moment later, the droid pausing to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Desperate times, desperate measures." The droid grinned to the blinking intern and departed the room.

Dude...The intern grinned at Avairius who gave a sheepish shrug back.

"Haven't seen her in a few days with the situation and all..."

"You're in Intelligence..." nod. "I've seen you around." The intern, a medium-build brown-haired fellow in suit, eagerly... "What's really going on? I mean, if you can say anything..."

"A lot. Not really, sorry." Smile. "But maybe when things settle I can fill you in...You're in...?"

"Translation, The Assembly...Steve Strug."

"Uh...Fred Davis..." Avairius, a moment needed to remember the droid's former name. "Well, gotta get back. Uh..." slight plea in look.

"Mum's the word, dude." Steve grinned. "God, I wish my girlfriend would be so eager to see me..."

With friendly nod, Avairius headed out...

Ok...So far, so good.

Now to see what they know as to my good friend Colonel Lindendon's plans and put it together with what little we do...There can't be much time left, even if he's kept all to himself...See what I can do to protect Stoppable before the Colonel settles with his "rival".

And give the end of my miserable life at least a modicum of meaning.

A Dad's last gift to the son he can't save...

.....

"Lost Island" platform on the Pacific floor...

"Professor? Any word from Alan?" Lindendon, concerned tone to Bortel as they met in the hall outside the infirmary.

"He's safely slipped into the position occupied by his double at the UN." Bortel nodded. "All ist well there, so far."

"That's excellent. A very capable man, friend Alan. Tell me, is he able to utilize his telepathic abilities in such roles?"

"To a minor extent, ja. His abilities with humans are limited. He can inspire emotions...Confidence, trust...Or if useful, indifference...But he must be cautious since human minds often resist such manipulations."

"I see...But an excellent skill for an agent to employ. Well, shall we see how our lady and her guests are faring?" oddly charming smile.

"By all means, Colonel..." pause... "Uh, Colonel?"

"You may rest assure I will not disturb Drakken unduly, my friend." Lindendon smiled. "So long as he is useful and cooperative and of course, so long as you desire his safety. After all, not only does he possess important knowledge but we shared a common goal, for the moment...Preventing our Kimberly from taking Ms. Possible's body and losing those rather unique features that make her so appealing."

"Yes...Certainly." Cautious tone...

"Actually I will need to leave you shortly, Professor..." Lindendon noted. "Critical events are reaching fruition now and my presence will be required with my own people. Naturally, as soon as it will be safe, I'll confide the details to you and friend Alan...And our new ally...But, for the moment, I hope you will accept the need for security."

"Naturally..." friendly nod.

At last we have what Alan has sought...Our friend Colonel has not been inactive in his captivity, as we suspected. People, indeed? Most interesting "people" to work so long and loyally for such a man and his goals.

"But rejoice, my friend." Smile. "Soon the world will hear from me again...In a voice like that of God Almighty."

"I do not doubt it, Colonel." Bortel, calmly.

...

"You understand the best I can do is give you a rough estimate..." Wade began, his worried face filling the screen Ron and Hego watched.

"That's fine Wadeo..." Ron nodded. "We'll go with whatever you can give us."

"Ok. The signal appears to have terminated in the mid-Pacific. But I can't match a land mass to the coordinates I'm coming up with. Dementor or Drakken could have found an unknown island of course...There are plenty of "lost island" legends."

"Or it could be underwater..." Hego noted. "Drakken at least seems to like undersea lairs."

"Could be..." Wade nodded. "But fellas, the coordinates could still be way off. I may be sending you on a pretty wild goose chase, though I'm convinced this is the general area where the girls must have ended up. They could be on a ship or something and a few thousand miles away already."

"It's a start...Positive attitude, right Ruf?" Ron turned to Rufus, just brought in by the UN team, who nodded gravely as befitting a commander of his experience.

"It might be better after all to wait and use satellite surveillance...Or send the UN in..." Wade suggested. "They have the people and equipment to survey the area..."

"And alert Dementor and Drakken...They'd use Kim as a hostage. " Ron shook his head. "Plus...I think I know why Drakken's Kim took ours and I doubt we have much time. Go ahead with the satellite thing but keep the UN back for now...We'll head out." He eyed Wade's stricken face. "No worries, Wade...Hego'll be with me to keep me from stumblin' into things." Smile.

"No doubt of that..." Hego smiled.

"Ron..." Dr. Mrs. Possible moved into view on screen. "What do you think the clone wants with Kim? Is she planning to hurt her? Ron? Whatever you have to do, you can't let that thing hurt my baby!"

"I won't, Mrs. P." Ron, soothingly. "It'll be ok."

"Tell Drakken...If he and his little friend think they're supervillains...If Kim is hurt..." trembling... "I'll hunt them down. I'll kill them both."

"We'll get Kim back, Mrs. P. I promise." Ron, firmly.

"Don't let her fool you...She's not my Kim...Ron? She'll never be my Kim." Desperate tone.

"I won't settle for her." Grimly at end. "I'd rather they both...."

Hego eyeing Ron...

"I know." Ron nodded to the screen. "We're heading right out, Mrs. P. I'll be in touch. Wade, we'll check in on the way..." he clicked and the screen went blank.

"Ron..." Sally, standing by Barclay... "You won't hurt her?"

"I've said I don't want to..." he eyed her. "And I meant it." Hard stare. She nodding...

"I believe you...And I'm so sorry..." she shook her head. "I'm so sorry we made her so well, Ron."