"Kim Potential..." Part LXVI...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LXVI...

The new Drakken lair...

Actually a former lair, underground, underwater...Still a bit flooded in areas from a previous debacle but usable thanks to the efforts of the team.

"So Stoppable got away?" Barclay at the main control console queried by Sally, she engaged in doing an inventory of equipment brought away...

"Looks like it. The kid slipped out a side door and rolled down a hill."

Sally, blanching a bit... "On the freeway?"

"Sal...Ron Stoppable?" Barclay eyed her. "The kid may stumble around but he's indestructible. Besides, our agent at the UN confirmed he survived and is in pursuit with the state police. They let her broadcast and she got out a bit more than they'd planned."

"Pursuit?" Sally stared.

"Don't worry...They'll lead 'em on a wild-goose chase and shift designs before they come...The real concern is the Boss and the Missus." Barclay sighed. "They're nearly at the last solid coordinates approaching 'Lost' Island...After that...Given Dementor's jamming and shielding, Dementor and the Throwback could be anywhere, waiting for them."

"What about Kimberly?" Sally, carefully. "Has the Boss said anything...?"

"He's kinda busy and can't risk a long transmission..." Barclay, a bit hastily. "I'm sure she's with them and ok."

UN HQ...

News report of the devastating escape of notorious war criminal Colonel Lindendon from the secure facility in which he had been held for decades on one screen...Secretary General Sinclair from the UN in New York with the US President and other world leaders, separately in secure locations, on various other screens attempting on various media to explain the disaster and the link to the terrifying explosion at Middleton.

"It was bound to leak out...Five thousand murdered military personnel can't be concealed for long, even at a top-secret secure facility. Especially after Drakken's place went boom on top of that." Wade sighed, eyeing the screens. "But this will make it harder to search for them."

"Has there been any reply from Drakken to the synthodroid's message?" Dr. Mrs. Possible asked.

"Not a peep so far...But Ron and our people are still following the van...And they've got a tracker on it."

"Are we just going to sit here?!" Shego, pacing the small control room of the Drakken craft, now hoving at 25,000 feet near the last known location of "Lost" Island.

"Sweetheart..." Drakken sighed. "We've tried microwave sweeps, radar, infrared, sound wave detection...Walter even used a jet pack to hover around on his own. So far there's nothing."

"So Dementor fooled you again?" glare... "Typical..."

"Afraid so..." wan smile. "You joined the wrong team, Shego."

"Don't be that way..." she growled. Shaking head... "Don't be kind to me, Drew..." she teared up. "Tell me I'm unbearable and leave me...I don't deserve..." she wept. He went to her...Hugging, then pulling away.

"We're going to find them...And you have a job to do Ms. Go-Drakken." He eyed her.

"Maybe..." she looked at him... "Maybe we should just give it up..." she stared at him. "Drew? When did you go all beige?"