"Kim Potential..." Part XCVI...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part XCVI...

Lost Island, Bortel's private lab...

Bortel shaking head to Drakken's anxious stare...

"Cyrus, the figures are correct. Lindendon is using a slightly souped up North Korean vehicle, just extra boosters. And initially he has to match velocity with his nukes to bring them along to the target. Our vehicle can outpace him to the interception point."

"Ja...But for der manned vehicle, there ist only enough power to reach the intercept. Drew?"

"A second vehicle can be sent out with return fuel, the first outfitted with extra air supply to hold out till it can reach...Me."

"Drew..." Bortel frowned. "We both know the chances of survival after you destroy Lindendon's nukes are minimal, the radiation will be extreme, let alone der blast. And Lindendon will survive, to try again. You vill be der dead hero, of pointless sacrifice." Another shake of head.

"Not if we succeed in cutting him off from his alternate universes..." Drakken insisted. "And we know now Carrel's method of achieving interdimensional access was simple resonance frequency of all the molecules in Lindendon's body."

"A remarkable achievement for those days..." Bortel sighed. "I must admit, I am impressed."

"And yet so basically simple no one thought of it as the answer...Before we did..." Drakken, grin. "Lindendon's strength and power is a sham...All we need to do is disrupt the harmony of the resonance across his molecules and he won't be able to access interdimensional energy and recreate himself. The moving picture will jam in one place and he'll be vulnerable."

"For der short period..." Bortel noted. "Der simplicity of Carrel's vision is its strength. After a few moments the molecules vill realign and he vill be the shifter again until we find the new frequency, if ve are not dead by then."

"We only need one short period and to catch him in the blast." Drakken noted, calmly. "My nukes are in orbit and have enough booster power to break out of orbit, they just need me to guide them and give an extra assist."

"Via magnetic lasso? Hmmn..." Bortel sighed.

"Unless you've come up with a 'Star Trek' tractor beam?" Drakken eyed him, with arch look.

"I haf played mit der idea...Not quite there yet." Bortel smiled.

"Me neither...And sadly there's no time to check with the world's more willing to sell out supervillains." Drakken sighed.

"Magnetic lasso it is then. But Drew, ve can still accomplish this mit the droids. One can pilot der craft."

"They couldn't handle the decisions they might have to make...And they're more vulnerable to radiation than we are, you know that Cyrus." Drakken sighed.

"Den I must go. You haf a wife und daughter. I'm an old man who has had der long life and spent der too much time playing. Und I am the super supergenius. I will go." Bortel insisted.

"Cyrus, I'm the younger man. Granted that may only give me a few moments edge. But even a few moments could make the difference. You might not last long enough to do it. Besides, Lindendon still trusts you. If you're broadcasting to him from Earth, you can keep him in the dark in case the North Koreans catch on to me and try to reach him. I doubt he's bringing much in the way of tracking equipment, too heavy for that vehicle and he prefers to fly by the seat of his pants...The only danger to me is the blast and I would have a better chance of surviving it, courtesy my little experiments in radiation protection and strength enhancement via emotion."