"Kim Potential..." Part VIII...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part VIII...

"Talk to me, Wade..." Kim eyed her communicator...Moving to let her twin brothers race past her to the breakfast table.

"Kim? Breakfast comes first." Dr. Mrs. Possible eyed her.

"Right away, Mom...Just let me hear Wade's report. It really is urgento."

"Nothing on the DNA front..." Wade on screen began... "But there were a series of robberies in the state capitol last night. Two major banks, an art museum, a large jewelry store."

"Kinda routine, isn't that?" Kim eyed the screen.

"Except that there were traces of plasma bursts at one of the banks and the same sized van...Though colored differently...Were spotted there and at the art museum on hidden camera." The screen showed shots of the van in two colors, parked, then a section of bank vault, blasted through.

"Shego..." Kim sighed.

"Yep. I tested the remains of the plasma, it's trademark Shego mix." Wade nodded.

"So, it is Drakken...And we can assume he's seeking funds to expand...Whatever it is he's up to?"

"Looks like it. But I'd guess he's hitting the capitol to distract from Middleton. All the biotech robberies were there and I'd say they were the key ones."

"Can the banks trace the stolen money, the museum the art work?"

"Hard to say...Drakken's always good at unloading stolen merchandise, gotta hand it to him." Wade noted. "Still if he's just gearing up, it probably means we have a little time before he unleashes...Whatever..."

"Hmmn...Yeah...Well, I gotta get to breakfast and then school...Thanks, Wade." She shut off.

"Yes...Indeed..." Drakken eyed Potential by his side at viewscreen in the new mansion lair...Several henchthugs passing behind with crates, rather happily engaged in the move from the old place...They having tapped into the transmission using her knowledge of the frequency and encoding. "Thanks, Wade. For letting us know exactly where you stand in uncovering us. Which is practically...Nowhere!"

Het-hmn? Potential eyed him with frown.

Get used to it, kiddo. Shego, seated on Drakken's other side, grinned.

"Oh, yes...And thank you, Kimberly for that very useful technical information..." Drakken patted her head to a beaming, almost innocently devoted, smile.

"Thanks, Doc..." she nodded.

Would never have thought Possible would retain that kind of tech stuff....Shego thought, shrugging. Still...

"Well, I'm going to see how the thawing of our henchthugs is going...And check on the disposal of the stolen museum art pieces...And see that the kitchen is in good shape." Drakken began... "Why don't you two have a little..."

Hated archfoe time? Both ladies thought, eyeing each other.

Still...Shego sighed inwardly...

I get it. I'm Mom. If I can make the impression.

And at least she's not calling him "Drewsie" all the time now...

"...Chat?" Drakken lamely finished, eyeing Shego for help as Kim Potential frowned.

"Can't I go see the henchsicles thawed? I didn't get to see the little kid yesterday." she assumed a pout.

"Shego can have a chat with herself..." she suggested, slight sneer.

"Kimberly..." Drakken frowned. "I said, it's time for you to have a little chat with Shego. So what are we going to do?"

"Chat...." Sulk. "Will you bring something back from the stash from the museum? One of those Chinese jade necklaces? The green goes with my hair and eyes so nice."

"Those are priceless historical artifacts, Kim." Drakken protested. "We may profiteer from them but we've no right to risk damaging them."

"We only got them 'cause I suggested it...One lousy necklace, geesh..." deeper sulk.

"Well...Maybe she could have just one..." Shego, suggestively. Eyeing Drakken who, after a moment, returned her wink.

Nothing like a mom with an eye for the correct bribe...

"And a bracelet to go with it?" eager tone.

"Kimberly..." Drakken, sternly.

...

"Your father is concerned..." Shego began...Her chair now turned to face a Kim showing extreme ennui, rolling eyes...Though perking a bit at the "father"...

God, what am I saying?

"That densely stiff scientist guy, Dr. Possible? What about him?" Potential looked around. "Is he causing Drew trouble? Cause I can get right to him and he'll never know... 'Oh, Daddy'...Pow!" she feigned a winsome smile then a brutal uppercut.

Boy, she is vicious...Shego stared.

"I mean your actual father...Dr. Drakken. "

"Drewsie?...No, he's my...Well..."

"I know it's confusing for you, Kimberly...But he is your father, technically...I mean from the aspect of working you out technically...And he's concerned about how you're dealing with...Well, being born the other day and all that."

"You're just jealous..." Potential fumed. "You think Drewsie likes you? Ha! Who's he been chasing all these years, even when I...That lousy Kim, I mean...Kicked his ass...Cheatin' of course 'cause she had all that help. If he'd had decent help..." sneer.

Why you little...

Ok, child professional here...Important assignment...Troubled, if evil, child needing Ms. Go's help...Calm, professional.

"I know you love Dr. Drakken, Kimberly...And that's a good Evil feeling."

"I look better in that outfit. I remember how he said I did when he used the compliance chip on us."

"Yes and he's very sorry he went that way on that scheme...It was disrespectful of us. He won't do that again. Now, he wanted me to speak to you..."

"Too bad..." sneer. "On you it looked good. And we could use a good maid round this place."

"Dr. Drakken wants you to chat, Kim. So?" stern eye...

Thank goodness for that imbedded devotion to "Drewsie" she noted as Potential frowned...

"I'm chattin'...Chat away, plasma freak. He's gonna chose me in the end...I'm gonna bring him Kim Possible and the world. What've you got? Plasma goo..." sneer.

"And a wedding ring, you little...!" Shego pulled her glove off.

Potential staring...Shocked...

Hmmn...Shego grinned...

As my child development advisor used to say...Sometimes a little shock helps...

Or at least it does major harm. A win for me in either case.

"No...No!..." Potential hopped up out of chair.

"Guys...I smell catfight..." one of the henchthugs hauling a crate hissed. The group halting...

"He couldn't have...He wouldn't have...!"

"Call me Mom, honey." Shego, benign smile...