"Kim Potential..." Part XXXIII...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part XXXIII...

"Sorry for the beverage holdup, KP...Had to make a quick detour." Ron, offering cup which Potential took, with smile.

"I was wonderin' where you'd got to..." wrier smile as he took seat. Nervously fumbling at his Coke.

Nervous smile at her...

"Ron..." languid stare... "You aren't worried about me, are you? I mean after what Dementor was sayin', messing with us back at the archive this am?" Leaning back, soulful look... "'Cause I'd only see it as good boyfriendin' if you were concerned..."

"Uh...KP..."

"You've never lied to me, Ron. Please don't start now. If you're worried, spill. You were talkin' to Wade about me, just now, right? And about what Dementor said about Drakken's getting hooks in me, right?"

"Uh..."

"Please...Better that than you took my diet Coke into the ole guys' men's room with you...?" grin...Nervous look on her part...

"What did he say? Am I a synthoclone? A droid? I need to know, Ron...Cause frankly..." sad look... "I've no idea why I've been so moody and such, yellin' at the guys, arguin' with Mom... But whatever I am I care about you, you gotta believe that. Though..." worried look... "Maybe I wouldn't know if I were a droid?"

"You're not either synthodroid or synthoclone, KP." He sighed. "Seems Wade keeps an eye on things like that, especially since Drakken's last try."

"Phew...And?" solemn look...

"And he doesn't see any traces of unusual electromagnetic patterns or strange brainwave patterns induced by attitudinators or love machines and he says drugs would be easy to spot...I didn't know he monitored our brainwaves?"

"Me neither, but he's a thorough kinda guy...Good...Then I'm clean?"

After all, like Marlene Dietrich, I was made this way, I can't help it...And not adjusted to it...And fully human as Twinie...Right down to the brainwaves.  I just have the darker ones leading the way...

"Seems so...Sorry, KP." Sigh. "I was just worried. I'm sorry."

"What about DNA? Shouldn't he check to be sure?"

Eyeing embarrassed look with repressed grin...

"He checks routinely...When you or I take the communicator he gets a sample...I didn't know that, either."

"Gotta see he gets a raise sometime, if we ever turn a profit." She smiled wanly. "I'd say Dementor's just tryin' to shake us, Ron. But it's great that you cared enough to check it out." Leaning over for a kiss, eyeing him...

Well?

She felt the kiss...A guilty rather than forced one...

Ok...Still in the bag...Good...

Good...

Gee...Ummn...I guess it's love...

I don't mean to spit on it...I am what I am...She rubbed a cheek , twisting hands.

"Thanks, Ron. Guess it's just growin' pains, huh?" wan smile.

"I guess...Wade thinks so. He wanted to know if you were getting enough sleep."