"Kim Potential..." Part XCIII...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part XCIII...

Dementor's secure lab on the "Lost Island" platform...

Drakken and Bortel eyeing the lump of pink goo in the center of the lab...

Interesting...

Perhaps not so for synthodroid 585, currently the said mass of goo...But...Sacrifices in the cause of Science and Humanity...

Good Lord, Drakken thought. Really never thought I'd have cause to say something like that...

"So...The Colonel's tissue structure cannot be sustained in a stable state." Bortel noted.

"Meaning...If your readings are accurate and this was a true representation..." Drakken to Bortel's slight frown...

Ist ve questioning mine abilities in secret observational analysis?

"...that Lindendon must expend energy to maintain his fluctuating quantum state...But how could he be taking in that kind of energy? He'd have to either have a gateway to pure energy on a stellar scale or he must eat antimatter three times a day." Drakken frowned. "And we've seen no signs of either...What can he be tapping to maintain such a state? And who the hell came up with such a brilliant way of altering atomic structure? I can't believe the Nazis were that advanced. And while the Colonel is a fine engineer and all that..."

"There ist one man..." Bortel noted. "Carvel...The great biologist...The one he worked with vay back ven in the 1930s."

"Carvel?" Drakken stared. "He was brilliant enough...But he had no knowledge of advanced quantum theory...It hadn't even been developed then."

"And yet...Unless we choose to believe the Colonel's alterations haf made him a rather unique and towering genius." Bortel noted.

"Who needed us? Unlikely." Drakken sighed. "All right, you're probably right...It must have been Carvel...He did carry out the first experiments Lindendon underwent. He must have gone much farther than anyone suspected. But how could he have found such a source of energy? And what exactly is that...?" he paused.

"I see der light bulb, Drakken...What is your idea?" Bortel demanded.

"He's receiving energy from the state, the universe, he's in. Cyrus, Lindendon isn't in our universe, at least not 100% of the time. From microsecond to microsecond he's in other universes...That's how he defeated your UN forcefield. He's recreating himself in our universe every moment with energy from universes where the laws of our physics do not apply. Where energy is so abundant he can carry it over. But the recreating and time spent in other universes is in such minute intervals that we perceive him as constantly here, as he does himself. Like a ..."

"A motion picture from still frames...Ja...Ja..." Bortel nodded... "Brilliant, my friend. And the logical explanation..."

"If we knew how Carvel achieved it..." Drakken pondered. "We could potentially block Lindendon off. He'd die almost immediately unless he took a more stable form in the instant of being cut off. And whatever form he could take would be vulnerable."

"My God, Cyrus?" he eyed Bortel who grinned back. "Did you and I actually just work successfully together to save Humanity?"

"Theoretically, Drew. Ve are makin' with der hubris to jump too far ahead." Bortel noted. "But ja, it seems two of der world's most villainous super villains together equals one good genius."