"Kim Potential..." Part LXV...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LXV...

Aboard the Dementor flying submersible...

Lindendon with Bortel in the infirmary eyeing the enclosed transparent sack on the bed where Potential lay, sealed in fluid to preserve her horribly burned flesh and prevent infection. The small medical team moving about...

"She's in an induced coma...Hopefully that will be enough to keep alive until we can try to treat her." Bortel shook his head. "I will do what I can but..."

"I understand Professor...But she has the spirit...And the cause to survive for..." Lindendon eyed her.

"What about Drakken? Is there any word?" he turned back to the sympathetic Bortel, still regarding the form before them.

Ach, she was so pretty, so loving, even in the clone form...What haf you done, Drew? Hmmn...? He looked at Lindendon.

"No, no...Nothing as yet."

"What about our base? Can he lead the UN to us?"

"He may well have a general idea of our last location...But not the exact coordinates..." Bortel smiled...

"Besides, even those would not do him much good, given the true nature of our base."

"Professor?..." Lindendon, regarding him.

"I'd not had time earlier to show you, my friend...And I felt it was best not to reveal all our secrets to our new partner...But 'Lost Island' has unique features...Including the ability to become rather completely 'lost'."

Smile spreading over Lindendon's rather hideous huge face... "Then we are secure, even if our traitor tries to lead our enemies to us?"

"I can assure you of this much...It will be a much more difficult task to locate us than Drew Drakken may believe." Return smile.

"But lets not make it too difficult, Professor...So long as he comes alone...I very much want to renew our acquaintance." Lindendon, grimly.

"I'll go and see Alan in his room..." Bortel rose.

"If I may come later, I will stay with Ms. Drakken for a bit." Lindendon noted.

"Uh...Certainly..." Bortel, a hair nervous.

Well, he surely could have finished her off earlier if he wanted to...

"Give my warmest regards to Aviarius and that I will see him shortly." Lindendon, nodding as Bortel went out...Lindendon pulling his reinforced seat to the bed.

"Kimberly..." he whispered, touching the plastic sack. "You must live, for me, child...And for revenge..."

"Hello, is this the UN?" Ron, on the patrol car's microphone... Pausing..."Uh, over..."

"We're putting you through, Mr. Stoppable, just a moment..." the reply.

"Ron? What's the stich?" Wade's voice. "Did you by any chance lose your communicator?"

"Threw it onto the Drakken van...And Rufus with it, I think, by accident..."

"Ah, that explains it...Yeah, I think he's there." Wade noted. "I'm pretty sure I can hear him."