"Kim Potential..." Part LXIX...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LXIX...

Aboard a cargo ship secured for "special operations"...

Hego, still in civilian outfit, on deck with Ron...As the Wegos chase each other about the deck...

"Lets make a chain on the anchor rope..." one suggested... "Cool!"

"Boys!" Hego hollered, turning back to Ron, with sigh...

"So far, so good...They don't seem aware of us in pursuit. I think they believe they lost us."

"Lets hope so..." Ron sighed. "At least Rufus is a little more secure on their van now they've gone shipboard. Any word as to their finding the others...Dementor or his new partner?"

"Nothing yet. But if Drakken's people weren't lying to you, we're on our way to Kimberly. And we will get her back, Ron." Reassuring hand on shoulder.

"They seemed sincere enough." Ron pondered. "Though why they should want to bring me to Kim and let her go..."

"Drakken could've planned to use you to control Kim...Or maybe..." Hego paused.

"Kill me in front of her to make her suffer?" shrug... "Not quite his style, I have to say...Besides, I really believe his henchlady meant what she said. They wanted to stop the Throwback for their Kim's sake."

"Maybe they succeeded." Hego shrugged. "It was an awfully big hole back there."

"I don't think so...If Drakken were gone his people would give it up...And if Drakken's not gone...The Throwback and Dementor probably made it as well, since we found no traces."

"Well, if it wasn't a trick by the three of them...God help Drakken and his people if the Throwback made it. He has a rep for dealing with people who cross him." He looked out to sea...Hands a bit clenched.

"I'm sorry about Shego..." Ron noted quietly.

"She made her bed...She has to lie in it." Hego sighed.

"Why did she go off with Drakken of all villains? She was smart enough to set up shop for herself, if she had to go Evil...She's always seemed so..."

"...In love?" Hego, wry smile. "You don't have to be cautious, Ron...I know she loves him. She has since the moment she ran off from us and he took her in. Something about him appealed to her right away, maybe that air of hapless incompetence. Truth is, Shego needs to be needed. She can even deal with being taken for granted but she has to believe the people she's with, her family, need her. The boys and I let her down on that score, I'm afraid. We stopped needing her. And she was angry with us about Mom and Dad. We got over and forgot them, she thought, too quickly. I tried to explain to her that the boys were young and couldn't brood all their lives but she wouldn't accept it. She finally found someone who supported her better."

"But Drakken?..." Ron shook his head.

"He has a sentimental side, even I have to say. You must have seen it...When you and Kim were trapped with him that Christmas? She told me about that. Yeah, we do talk...Every now and then...She leers and rants of course, but I know she's checking in...And letting me know she's ok. In her way, she's been happy with him. Else I'd've hunted him down and killed him years ago." Hego noted, matter-of-factly. "Of course there's nothing to do but kill him now...If he doesn't give it up. And Shego...Well...She knew what she was getting into."