"Kim Potential..." Part LXXI...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LXXI...

Drakken undersea lair...Under renovation...About 400 feet down.

"Can we get some power going for the pumps in section four?" Barclay called into a radio transmitter. "The water's knee deep in there."

"Section four?" Sally eyed the map of the facility on screen, which flickered...Barclay giving a whack...It steadied... "Isn't that the main reactor area?"

"It would be..." Barclay sighed...Turning to several synthodroids awaiting instructions... "Fellas, better get to section four and help out with the flooding containment...And be ready to route auxiliary power to Ms. Possible's containment chamber if we lose main power." They nodded, hurrying off.

"Any word?" Sally asked.

"Nothing...But no rants of triumph by Professor Dementor or the Throwback's a good sign..." he noted kindly. "I'm sure the Boss and Shego and Walt are fine."

Another alarm buzzing on the control console caught his attention...

"God, the Boss really got taken on this place..." he sighed.

Hospital clinic on board "Lost Island" submarine platform...

"You wanted to see me...?" Avairius eyed Potential, back in bed...Cushioned in a total body gel wrap...IVs back in place...Wendy hovering on nurse duty.

"I hear you saved my life..." Potential eyed him. "Just wanted to say, thanks."

"It was the Colonel's incredible body structure that saved you, I just provided a getaway vehicle..." Avairius shrugged.

"You could have left me." She eyed him. "You had cause, knowing what my dad did..."

"Maybe I just wanted to be known as the junior villain who saved Kim Possible's dark side..." he smiled.

"When things go bad...I'll try to let you know." She eyed him carefully. "I may not be able to do more, so..."

"Thanks..." Pause... "Will things go bad?" he asked, lightly. "We seem to have the ball in our court...Cyrus and the Colonel, anyway..."

"You know better ..." hard stare. "Why are you here, Avairius?"

"Where else would I go? Cyrus is all the family I have." He replied, carefully. "I'm protecting him as you're protecting your father."

"I'll try to give him a chance...No guarantees...But that's not all, is it?"

"Lindendon has his ideas about you, you know..." Avairius noted. "And, no...It's not just Cyrus..." calmly...

"He's welcome to them...If they fit mine, fine..." she shrugged. "But on my terms...I owe him too, you know. So long as he keeps his word."

"In his way, he will...And he'll hold you to yours..."

"I get that, too." Wan grin...Groan...

"Wendy..." Avairius looked over...

"I'm fine...Like dear Marlon says, pain's a great teacher..." she noted grimly, waving Wendy off. "It helps me to focus. So, I sense I've made a romantic conquest?" sly grin...