"Kim Potential..." Part LV...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LV...

"So?...How is he?" Shego, to Potential, recuffed, a henchthug following in the hallway with tray.

"I guess he'll be ok..." Potential, shrugging.

"Oh...Him, right..." Shego, slight biting of lip at Potential's glare.

"Sorry...Was the kid hurt bad?"

"Skull fracture...But nothing compared to that punch in the heart..." sigh. "And yeah, Dad was a little freaked when I killed you...Happy?"

Actually...Yeah...Kinda estatic...Even though I know he knew it was 535. But what was that?

"Kimberly? 'Punch to the...?'"

I'm gonna assume we're talkin' emotional crisis and not a need to find a good cardiac surgeon and replacement heart stat for my girl's intended. Moms sense this sort of thing...Oh...

Mom...

She called me Mom...She couldn't help it. Oh...

Even if she still kills me...Oh...

"He thinks I killed Original." Downcast look. "And I can't even tell him she's still around, if not exactly kicking."

"Maybe we can still get him to believe he's made a mistake...You're awfully convincing..."

"But not quite good enough...And now he knows, everything I do he compares to her...I'm losing ground every minute."

"Well, if things..." Shego, catching herself...The Dementor henchthug, the same Wendy, quietly following...

"...Go as planned...You might have a lot to offer. And if Dad manages to brainwash/electrozap Possible into a new lifestyle...We might still work this out in your favor. Or, we just keep her frozen and on your offhours you can play 'Escaped Original Kim, rebel against the Drakken empire'...He'll come round, long as he sees you're sincere...About loving him."

"I dunno... 'Evil clone princess by day, rebel Kim by night'?...He'd catch on, he's actually smarter than he looks."

"I know..." shrug. "Just tryin' to come up with something."

Hmmn...? Potential stared.

"Eh, I've watched him for years. It was easy to see, under the slacker there's a pretty capable kid in there...I wasn't really surprised how good he was at Evil...Megalomania breeds confidence and that's all he lacked. Like your Dad, really..." wry smile.

"So, why do you always...With Daddy?" frown.

"Too much confidence and he'd get himself blown up. Gotta keep those blue feet planted somewhere near the ground...One sec, lady...You can go in, we'll be right along." Shego noted to the waiting henchthug as the three now stopped at Ron's cabin door. The henchthug entering, after knocking...Closing door behind her.

Shego glancing to indicate need for some continued caution...

"We'll do our best to convince him, Kim...But, in the end, you may just have to put your cards on the table and see."

"He'll never choose me over Original, are you kidding?" glare.

"Maybe she won't choose him...She is very ambitious, in her way...And young..."