"Kim Potential..." Part LXXII...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LXXII...

The UN freighter shadowing the ship bearing Drakken's staff...

Hego regarding Ron as they sat, listening at the radio in the transmitter room...Dr. Mrs. Possible's broadcast replaying...

"Not a bad idea, if the clone's alive..." he finally noted after a pause following the end of the broadcast...To repeat shortly.

"I guess..." Ron, troubled look... "I don't know if Kim would be happy about it."

"Her mother's desperate, Ron..." Hego noted. "Anything that gets her a line on Kim she'll try...She's not the first mom with a missing daughter I've dealt with..." wan grin. "Wish I could say all those tales had happy endings."

"She's Kim..." Ron shook his head... "And if she hears this, she may come out...But she'll know...And it's not her fault, she didn't ask to be born."

"It's my sister and her beau, yes..." Hego nodded. "But if the clone knows what they know...Where Kim is..."

"It's a terrible thing to be an outsider, in your own family...I feel like that sometimes...Mom and Dad try..." Ron sighed... "But I'm different...I don't fit quite right with them."

"You're a teenager, kid..." Hego grinned. "You don't fit anywhere...Give it time."

"But she...She'll never fit..." Ron eyed him... "And she knows what this broadcast means...That Dr. Mrs. Possible will use any trick...That she doesn't...It just seems...Cruel...She is Kim, after all..."

"Ron..." Hego sighed. Hand on his clenched fists. "You're not to blame for loving her...She is, as you say, Kim...But Dr. Mrs. Possible is Kim's mother and that's a different thing..."

"I don't know if I can bear up to this..." Ron looked at him. "I know there can only be one in the end...At least, one free in the world, even if we manage not to kill her."

"That's not your responsibility, Ron...It's my sister's...And Drakken's..."

"Isn't it? I told her I loved her..." long look. "How is that not my responsibility? She loves me, Hego. And I believe that...It's the one thing about her I don't doubt."

"She'll use that, Ron...And Drakken, that son of a bitch, counted on it when he created her...He knew she would."

"And fell into his own trap..." Ron smiled wistfully... "He loves her too, his daughter...I never realized till now how much he loved Kim all these years. How proud he was of her every time we beat him."

"Then, at least she has that, maybe..." Hego noted, wry grin. "More than a lot of supervillainness get, really...And I should know."

"I hope they get away..." Ron sighed. "Get away and take her somewhere, anywhere she might be happy..."

"If they're alive..." Hego, ruefully.

Ron eyeing him... "Sorry...I forgot we aren't sure about Shego..."

"Eh...If anyone survived it was my sis..." shrug. "Green-eyed cat with nine lives..." smile.

Buzz from transmitter...

"Hey, Wade!" Ron called into the microphone. "We're still following them, on course. Anything new?"

"As a matter of fact...Yeah..." Wade's voice. "Ron? We have a 'call', sorta...For you..."