"Kim Potential..." Part LXXXVII...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part LXXXVII...

Infirmary of the "Lost Island" sealair...

Where a patent but grim Lindendon sat with Bortel standing beside him, both watching as Drakken continued his examination of the two Kims...Both still unconscious.

"So you believe the link between the young ladies is quantum in nature?" Bortel asked.

"I think it must be, Cyrus." Drakken nodded. "Something to do with the effect of the Attitudinator in isolating the darker sides of Kimberly's nature. They are, after all, fundamentally the same person, just with a few days' differing memories."

"Und the original Miss Possible is currently mentally repressed due to her frozen and comatose state...The last EEG you feel reflecting your Miss Drakken's brain pattern superimposing?"

"Yes. Frankly my Kim's suffering is supplying a good deal of the drive to dominate Kimberly. Not that she's not a very willing participant."

"May I, Doctors?" Lindendon politely interrupted. "You are saying, Drakken, that Miss Possible is losing or has lost the fight? That your clone has taken over her mind or nearly so?"

Shego eyeing Drew...

"Not quite Colonel...It's an artificial success...Only Kim Possible's condition is allowing this. However if Kimberly can maintain a presence in Kim's mind for long. The two could merge permanently, with Kimberly in charge."

"But would that not merely be another copy? Of personality rather than genetics?...Your Kim would continue her self in the new body, would she not?"

"I don't know, Colonel. This could result in Kimberly entering a permanent comatose state."

"Then the link should be broken at once, surely? I assume you have no wish to lose your daughter...?" narrow stare.

"I do not, Colonel." Drakken firmly. "But I can't be sure of the best way to sever the link. If I proceed too hastily I could harm them both."

"I am sure Dr. Drakken is right and we should proceed with caution. I will of course assist..." Bortel cut in.

"We shall hope for a good outcome then." Lindendon nodded impassively. "But I am anxious that Miss Drakken survive as she is. I trust every effort will be made to that effect."

"It's our goal too, Colonel." Shego, grimly.

"I must, as I have informed my partner..." smile to Bortel... "Leave you all for a brief time to see to my own plans and people. I feel, for the good of all concerned, that I should take Mrs. Drakken with me." Cool stare at Shego.

"A little insurance for the good doctor's continued good behavior?" he smiled coldly.

"Cyrus...?" Drakken turned.

"I am sure my good friend Professor Dementor agrees with me. Dr. Drakken, your life has been spared on sufferance...As a courtesy to my host and friend. Do not strain my good nature and patience further. Mrs. Drakken will be quite safe, I assure you...So long as you comply with our instructions and make no further betrayals."

"I'll go..." Shego cut off a angry protest by Drakken. "It's insurance for us too, Drew. I'm sure Colonel Lindendon means what he says about wanting to see Kimberly survive." Anxious look Drewward...