"Kim Potential..." Part XCVII...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part XCVII...

The North Korean secret underground launch facility and secure bunker...VIP guest observation lounge.

"Shego." Grimly curt bow. Wave to indicate to the four well-armed guards about her to bring her in...One pulling the handcuffs she'd been put into beforehand.

"Kimmer." Sardonic grin, nod, Shego eyed the chubby young North Korean dictator in his all black trademark outfit. "God, I hope no one sold that to you on the 'black is slimming' concept."

Kim glowering. "I see you remain as charming as ever. Marriage agree with you?"

"Since Drew is safe, I'll gladly say...Yes." She smiled. "As for you, I know from all the tales of the wives you've buried alive, you're rather fond of the institution."

"As a concept..." Kim noted... "But I find the reality rarely lives up to expectations. As you've noted, fortunately I have the power to immediately correct such failures."

"Nice."

"T-minus five hours, forty-two minutes..." a loudspeaker blared.

"We've gotta wait six hours?" Shego eyed Kim.

"These things require many tests and have a delicate balance..." he shrugged.

"And your boss wants an attentive audience the whole time..."

"The Colonel acts for the greater good of our Glorious State..." Kim frowned.

"I see you didn't say 'and I'm the boss'." She grinned.

He sighed. "Right now, what's the point? You may as well have a seat." He indicated a chair.

"You do know he's crazier than you or your dad..." she took the proffered chair.

"Dad had hopes for using him but...Yeah..." he eyed her. "Since he's locked up in the launch complex suiting up now and all but my elite security team are evacuated, I can say that." Another sigh.

"So...Blast him into space, aimed for the sun. You'll be a world hero for once." She noted.

"You think I haven't thought of that?" he frowned, shaking head. "But he'd survive..."

"Adrift, in space." She pointed out.

"He find his way back...And we're not his only 'allies'."

"You know he's going to kill you when alls done. He wants perfect people." She eyed him. "Not to be rude, but..."

"You never change, bitch." He frowned, but sat back, resigned, watching a monitor on which the rocket was displayed, fumes of oxygen and vapor rising...

"God, you really are scared to death of him, aren't you?" she stared. "I'm his potential mom-in-law and even that's enough to keep you...You...From trying to have me thrown to the dogs?"

"Enough." Grim frown. "I must live, for my people's sake but even I have limits to my patience. The Colonel has pledged to let those of us who serve his purposes live and he is a man of honor."

"You're kidding, right?" she grinned.

"One has to have something to believe in when all hope is lost...Look..." he hissed. "The UN couldn't hold him. And we tried everything. Dad even used a test A-bomb on him back in the late 50s...Nothing worked. He needs attendants to run his cloning facility...At least for now we'll be safe...My people I mean...A few hundred thousand, anyway. Assuming the calculations aren't wrong and we don't get wiped out with the rest of the world."

"Well, perhaps you're right...He might even find you amusing to keep around as a court jester or something." She noted.

"Now, now..." she grinned at his fume. "I'm the mother-in-law...You know I think I might ask my new son to assign you as my personal attendant. You ever butlered before, Kimmer? Don't worry, I'll teach you how to shine my shoes and all that..."

"Please, go on ridin' me." Grim look. "It'll be all the more fun when Lindendon starts his experiments with your hubbie's mind controller thing."

"Attitudinator...Get it right." Nonchantly.

"I hope you don't think his show of respect toward you means his views on women have changed. I believe he's thinking of seeing if it can turn you into a groveling dog or something..." Kim smiled thinly. "Maybe he'll give me care of his slightly canine mother-in-law as a reward for making this day possible."

She gave a narrow stare...

"If you have anything, say so now." He eyed her. "But you don't, do you? You and that bumbling blue husband of yours are as helpless here as we are."

"Contact the UN, stop the launch." She hissed. "He will kill you all too."

"Gee...Die immediately, torn apart by his hands...Or hope he might need us for a century or so to keep his clone factory running? I'll take door #2, sweetheart." He frowned. "Not to mention that the UN would immediately order a nuke strike on this place if I ever took the chance of calling them. Door #3, no thanks. I hoped for a while that supergenius Bortel might actually have managed to contain him...Till the night he showed up, making a test break, about eight years ago, at the foot of my dad's bed."

"Drew's working on something..." she eyed him. "I'm not stupid enough to say what, but he is."

"Well...That fills me with confidence, given his sterling record of victories over that teen-aged girl." Kim eyed her. "Well, if he succeeds, we'll stage another parade, for him. And I promise to only have you shot in several vital places, by accident, instead of burying you alive or dropping an excess nuke on you."

"Delay the launch..." she insisted... "Think of something...You're supposed to be the Divine Leader, tell them to come up with a valid phony reason for a hold."

"If I do anything his spies all about, fanatics, reasonably loyal, and those who just want to save their necks, would let him know immediately. Besides, as you say, we have six hours, more or less. If your boy or the UN or some superhero like your cement-headed brother can't come up with something by then, a few more aren't likely to help. We may as well get comfortable. Something to drink?" he asked.

"Tea, thanks." She sighed.

.....

"Lost Island" platform...Now apparently not so "lost" perhaps as Bortel and Drakken eyed the incoming ship on radar.

"Shielded but not so well as mine should be. That idiot boy is letting us detect him." Fume by Drakken.

"Better us than Lindendon..." Bortel sighed.

"Sir!" the Commander turned to Bortel from his post...

"Don't shoot him, for heaven's sake!" Drew called.

Dear God...Did I just say that about Stoppable?

"No, Doctor...Dr. Bortel, an unauthorized signal just went out!"

"Direction...Frequency?!"Bortel. "Vas it the UN's?"

"Cyrus?" Drew turned to him.

"No, Doctor...A different frequency, and no certain direction...General pulse."

"Locate der source, at once. Our traitor, Drew." Bortel sighed. "As I expected...Lindendon planted his own among mine."

"But why...?" Drakken blanched suddenly. "Ron!" he gasped.

"Attention...!" Bortel took up a microphone on the console in front of him. "Vessel approaching! Dis is Bortel. Ron Stoppable, you ist in danger! Take evasive action, at once!"