"Kim Potential..." Part XXXII...

Kim Potential...

Summary: A desperate Dr. Drakken has sensibly reviewed his Files of Past Plots to find the most effective weapon yet used on KP and improve it with unexpected results. Ron and company find they have a new partner.

Disclaimer: No infringement intended.

Part XXXII...

A worried Drakken pacing the lair's great hall...

"The Throwback?...Slow dancing?...And Shego?..."

"Boss?..." Sally, concerned... "Should we move in to get Shego?"

She'll love that...Walter sighed.

"Hmmn?...Uh...No...No, not yet..." Drakken having similar sensibility of Shego's reaction. "We've still got her monitor working. Barclay?" he called to Barclay at the viewscreen. "Are Bortel and Avair still gone?"

"No sign of them, Doc...The Missus is still holding pat in Bortel's office."

The Missus...Sally grinned to Walter and several others...

That's so...

"Good...They might be monitoring to see if she's really under control." Drakken noted. "And...Kimberly? Still swing? At decent distance?"

"Still back to swing dance...And the kid's keeping his distance." Barclay noted.

"Even better." Drakken, relieved...

I suppose I shouldn't worry about the buffoon...Really couldn't be a nicer young man...Still...

He's a good dad...Sally, watching, beaming to Walter.

"Well, for now, that leaves just the Throwback..." Drakken noted, worried tone...

Sally, mouthing to Walter... The...Who?

"Bad news...Very bad news..." Walter hissed.

"Boss?" Barclay called... "Break in the music...The kids are safely off the floor."

"Ah...Very good...Ummn...They are...?"

"Seated, room full of first-rate elderly chaperones." Barclay, nodding...Thumbs up.

Excellent...I suppose I am a bit too hard on the buffoon. He has shown a sterling character, especially given Kimberly's rather forward manner...And really would be a fine, level-headed, feet firmly if not always on the ground, choice for...

"Boss...?" Walter urged... "Maybe we should see about Dementor and co? Maybe intervention? I mean, the Throwback...?"

"Hmmn...?" Oh, right...Decisions regarding my future son-in-law should probably wait at that...

"You may be right, Walter. Barclay, have we picked up Dementor on the drones round Bortel Labs?"

"Not yet, doc...Still scanning with drones 41, 11, 64."

" How could Dementor imagine releasing the Throwback...?" Drakken shook head.

"Release? Boss?" Sally asked, nervously. "Who is...?"

"So..." Potential drummed fingers on the table at which she and Ron now sat...Quick smile... "You're quite a dancer, Ron. I knew you could slow dance but..." shy look...

"Thanks. Feel like some...Refreshments?" eagerly.

"Don't tell me they have burritos here?" she glanced round.

"Not today...And kinda mild for the guys when they do on Wednesdays...I'm usually here Wednesdays, to see my Aunt Esther." He explained. "But they do have nachos and soda..." suggestively.

"Well then...Soda...Diet..."

"Coming right up, KP." He headed for a long buffet table where a line of patrons was being served.

She glanced round, swinging in chair...Quick, nervous smile at a couple of the elderly patrons watching her. Hey...

"Are you Ronald's girlfriend?" one smiling white-haired woman at the table nearest to her asked.

"Yep...Kimberly Possible. The girlfriend...Nice to meet ya." she nodded.

"That's nice. Ronald's a very nice boy."

"Hmmn-hmm..." nod, offhand smile.

Bad news, if you ask me...The lady hissed to her companion as Potential looked over to Ron. "I thought Esther said she was a nice girl. It's a school day...Ronald never comes on school days...And look at how she's dressed."

"Don't be a prude, Sarah..." reprovingly.

Especially given, God knows, the way you carried on at her age...And with my boyfriend among others...

Wilder the girl, prudier the old fart...Concealing eye roll at Sarah's frown.

And Ronald could use a little spark to get him going...Nice boy, but as Esther says, sometimes a bit too...Nice...

"Wade?..." Ron, hissing into communicator...Sodas on shelf next to him. He gave nervous smile to passing elderly couple greeting him.

"Hey. How'd it go? Did Kim bag...?" Glance about... "Are you in a senior center?"

"Yeah...How'd you know?"

"40's big band at 3 in the afternoon...Pastel walls...Nice art on the walls but no groups of folks looking at it. My gran's place is the same. Is that Drakken's new lair?" thoughtful nod... "I can see it. What about Dementor?"

"Huh? No...Nobody's lair...And Dementor got away...But Drakken's guys did show, too. Wade?" careful glance round...

"I think there's something strange going on...With KP."

"Really?" Potential echoed Wade's reply...Listening via concealed earphone via surveillance drone 11's feed courtesy Barclay's routed transmit.

Something wrong with good ole me? Frown...

On the other hand...That's my boy...Beam.