𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Chapter twenty-nine; At the Dixon's

Whatever is written and underlined (like this) means it was said in Spanish.

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine stared into the closet searching for something good to wear. Her day appeared to be mostly boring, she spent more than half of it in pyjamas not bothering to come out of her room. Her father had free days from the office which meant he spent them at home, so Jasmine didn't feel like parading around the house however she wanted. When she finally picked out a thick winter knitted jumper and a pair of jeans she exited her room. Her eyes settled on her parents' room and the door was slightly ajar. Some kind of rummaging noise was coming out of it. Jasmine stepped softly to it and knocked three times on the door, making it open more.

"Mum?" She asked, her eyes holding curiousness. Something snapped close really quickly and a gasp emitted Mrs Pearson.

"Jasmine." She said breathlessly as she turned around with a hand over her heart. "You scared me." She let out a nervous chuckle.

Jasmine furrowed her eyebrows as her mum slowly closed the top drawer behind her and leaned on it. She didn't let her mind wonder too much and she quickly remembered why she came to her.

"Can I go to Robyn's now?" Jasmine asked with hope in her voice.

Her mum needed a moment or so to register what she was asking. "Yeah of course." She smiled at her daughter. ''Say hi to Robyn's parents for me will you?''

Jasmine nodded with a smile before she turned around on her heels and stalked down the stairs. The main floor was completely empty which made her escape to her friends that much easier. She stepped to the fireplace and used the Floo Powder to travel to Robyn. When she felt a warm atmosphere she knew she arrived at the always lit up and rather loud two-story flat where Robyn lived. She dusted off the powder and stepped out of the fireplace her eyes scanning the small place.

Music was coming out of a small stereo perched up on a shelf, the room was strongly smelling of something baked. That reminded her of the box she was carrying with, that contained marble cake for Robyn's family. A smile tugged at her lips as she saw Mr Dixon sleeping on the loveseat with an open newspaper in his lap, seemingly completely unbothered by all the laughter and the screams that were coming from within the flat. Jasmine made it one more step into the living room when the kitchen door opened letting out a voice.

''If you're not here to help go make havoc somewhere else.'' Undoubtedly Mrs Dixon's loud voice shouted from the kitchen. Jasmine smiled at her familiar accent which sounded nowhere near British.

''Jasmine!'' Then two voices screamed at the top of their lungs. Two pattering feet fleeted to the fireplace both hugging Jasmine around her waist at the same time.

''Hey, guys, gods how you grew. Only a little and you'll be in Hogwarts!'' Jasmine smiled at the twins who started jumping around her.

Viv and Leo were Robyn's younger brother and sister who happened to be twins. They were the most energetic children, always running around and causing trouble, Viv oftentimes more than Leo. Like Robyn, both had dark brown hair and a darker skin tone, but very light coloured eyes.

''Only one more year!'' Viv said excitedly as she looked happily up to Jasmine.

''I can't wait. Robyn always tells us so many great things about Hogwarts.'' Leo started speaking instead of his sister.

''I hope I get in Gryffindor!'' Viv jumped around excitedly.

''Me too!'' Leo joined and the two laughed before they sped off and chased each other around the loveseat where their father was still soundly asleep.