𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Chapter seventy-three; After Hogwarts

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine closed the door to the twins' room as quietly as she could once she was sure that both of them were soundly asleep. Bedtime came for all three of Robyn's younger siblings and the group collectively tried to convince them to go to bed. Jasmine offered a bedtime story to bribe the twins. Of course, she wouldn't read it but she made it up which only made it more exciting to the twins as they could put their own versions of things in it. After a few minutes they were getting tired and they included less and less things in the story before their light snores filled the room.

Jasmine glanced at the nursery and saw the door slightly ajar but no one was inside, meaning Robyn successfully put Cece down as well. She then tiptoed down the stairs and walked to the kitchen. James, Lily and Sirius were all sitting on one side of the table, Sirius with his head on the tabletop quite obviously tired from having to deal with the twins' never-ending question the entire day. The rest of the group didn't look any more lively as they were glad the kids went to bed and they could relax. Jasmine plopped down on the opposite side of the table between Remus and an empty seat where Robyn would be sitting.

''Did you fix Viv's hair?'' Robyn asked, sitting down next to Jasmine after giving everyone something to drink.

Jasmine nodded and Robyn almost let out a breath of relief. She explained earlier that her parents are coming back the next day and that even though Viv was at fault for her own hair, the blame would land on Robyn since she was in charge.

''Thank you everyone for helping out today.'' Robyn addressed everyone with a grateful smile. Everyone offered her a tired smile back.

''Your siblings are adorable and we were happy to help.'' Lily reached across the table and put one of her hands over Robyn's in gratitude.

''You only got to deal with Cece and only because she fell in love with your hair. If anybody else tried to pick her up she would scream with no end,'' said James. Jasmine and Robyn chuckled softly, both of them being accustomed to Cece's behaviour but all of the boys just looked at them with flat looks.

Jasmine reached across the table and softly nudged Sirius' arm to check if he was actually sleeping. ''Sirius, you okay?'' she asked with a tinge of worry.

He murmured something before picking up his head and leaning as far back in his chair as he could. He didn't answer, just nodded, his eyes distant as if his mind wasn't present but his body was. Jasmine turned to Robyn briefly to start a conversation because if the room would be quiet even for a few more seconds it would become eerie.

''Did you get your marks?''

Robyn nodded with a smile. ''I did and they're good. At least good enough for my future after Hogwarts.''

''What do you want to do after school?'' asked Lily.

''I'm not a very decisive person and if I tell you what I want now I may change my mind in a couple of months.'' Robyn chuckled almost nervously. ''But I don't know, I guess editor wouldn't be that bad at least what I hear from Jasmine's mum.''

Jasmine nodded along to that to confirm what Robyn was saying is true. But her eyes were fixated on Sirius, whose eyes were actually on Robyn. His face didn't show any clue that he was listening, he was merely watching her and for Sirius to be quiet this much time it was almost worrisome. Jasmine realised that it wasn't the most comfortable situation for him since he was in his ex-girlfriend's house and presence.

Even though both Robyn and Sirius stated that they were fine and they were friends Jasmine has yet to see the two of them actually interact. They don't smile at one another, they don't exchange words, they purposely stand on other ends of the rooms just so there was no absolute chance for them to bump into each other. In conclusion, they were far from fine but clearly, they were quiet about it for the sake of the group. It surely wasn't good for their mental states.