𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Chapter thirty-nine; Slytherin assholes

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

James waved for Peter to hurry up as he was a couple of steps behind him and Sirius. The doors shut loudly behind them as Peter slipped in. They were here before breakfast and knew that the room was empty except for their best friend. They decided to skip the first class in order to be with Remus, who took this full moon especially hard. Neither knew what it was but the wolf looked distracted the days before the full moon and when he transformed he was nearly uncontrollable. Needless to say, they were all relieved once the night was over. James was the first to reach the hospital bed and once he draw back the privacy screen he froze in shock. Jasmine was standing there preparing to leave and she would've escaped already but she didn't anticipate for them to be there so quick.

''Well, well, who do we have here?'' Sirius asked over James' shoulder with a teasing voice.

All three noticed the shocked expression on Jasmine's face but neither was quite sure what made her look like that. Excuses were on the tip of her tongue as she backed away from the bed.

''I-I just brought Remus notes from Lily.'' Her eyes switched between Remus, whose face was pretty shocked too and the other three who were smiling mischievously.

She backed away even more her mind barely comprehending what was happening as neither said anything. She locked eyes with Sirius for a split second and received a raised-eyebrows look from him. James looked confused by the reason why she was here because he knew Lily and Remus were friends and he did not know the reason why Jasmine had to bring the notes. Jasmine got the hint to leave a long time ago and she got the perfect opportunity to do so when James wanted to speak up.

''I'm going to go now, so bye.'' Her voice shook a little but she quickly made an escape not sparing a glance to any of the boys.

Her thoughts were preoccupied to see the longing look Remus granted her with. She could see the door right in front of her and wanted to run out as soon as possible but that was prevented as someone grabbed her forearm and turned her around. Jasmine raised her eyebrows at Sirius and pulled her arm back and out of his hold. She kept looking him like that, questioning silently what he wanted from her.

''You haven't told me you and Remus were friends again.'' He said in a lowered voice but with a smile on his face.

His hopes were back again at maybe silently from the sides set Jasmine and Remus up. She quickly became one of his good friends and Remus was always one of his best friends, Sirius knew both well enough to say they would fit perfectly together. The unbelievable confusion on Jasmine's face shut the theory down.

''What are you on about?'' She shook her head. She proceeded to pull the sleeves of her robes over her entire hands in anxiousness because she really wanted to get out of the room.

''Oh come on Jass, I'm not blind. It's-''

''Sirius, no!'' She whisper-yelled and widened her eyes only a fraction. ''Are you intentionally overhearing whatever I say? Because you should know that every single really simple mistake I made leads to bad consequences. William has eyes everywhere! I can't afford being seen with anyone of the opposite sex, not even for a talk. Not Remus not even you. Now please leave me to suffer my life alone because I don't have the luxury to escape the horrors of my family like you.'' With that, she turned on her heels, opened the door and stormed out.

She grabbed her forehead as she speed-walked away not believing how mean she just sounded saying that to her friend. She didn't know what made her lash out, but the current events were all happening one after another, barely giving Jasmine any time to think. Sirius and Robyn were back together, she and Remus kissed, Remus is a werewolf and now they almost got caught by his friends. She walked so fast away from the Hospital wing she almost didn't feel a tear slowly fall down on her cheek.