𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

Chapter thirty; Back to school, back to drama

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

The holidays were over as fast as they started and students found themselves back at Hogwarts getting ready for a new semester. The greatest disappointment for Jasmine was that now she was back she had to start waking up early again. After Christmas, she usually slept in till lunch, but now her prefect duties started again. She once again found herself watching over the library alone, way before breakfast time.

It was completely empty as none of the students actually had any homework or studying since it was the beginning of January. Jasmine had her legs over the arm of the soft chair at the back of the library, her head was leaning on the cushion and her eyes were closed. She wasn't completely sleeping, she was still aware of her surroundings but it felt nice to rest a bit, not having to do anything. Everywhere around Hogwarts was covered with a thick blanket of snow and the air outside was particularly cold. Jasmine liked nothing other to stay inside near a warm fire, under thick layers of clothing.

''What are you doing?'' A voice said very near Jasmine but it didn't startle her. She did hear footsteps coming nearer.

The corners of her lips turned upwards. ''Nothing.'' She answered with an innocent voice. Her eyes were still closed but if she was to engage in a conversation she figured she would have to look at the other person.

''I can see that.'' He chuckled.

Jasmine opened her eyes and smiled cheekily at Remus who was standing nearby and looking back at her. They were alone in the library, more than half of Hogwarts was probably still asleep. Jasmine swung her legs over the edge and sat properly so she wasn't sprawled across the whole seat. Remus turned around and pulled out a chair from a table before he sat down opposite Jasmine.

''I wanted to thank you for the Christmas present but I thought it would be nicer to do so in person.'' Remus smiled and spoke with a very soft voice. ''Thank you.''

Jasmine wished she could see his face when he received and opened the package but she was happy nonetheless that he was grateful for it. She was a bit scared when she hadn't received any answer from him but now all her nerves were calmed.

''Of course, it was no problem really.'' She smiled back.

''I've got you something as well.'' Remus continued, leaning a bit forward on his seat as an eager smile tugged at his lips.

Jasmine raised her eyebrows in surprise as she didn't expect anything in return. When he didn't bring anything or have anything in his hands, confusion started settling in Jasmine.

''Check your pockets.'' Jasmine furrowed her eyebrows and dug her hands in the big pockets of her robes.

At first, she thought they were empty but then she felt parchment with her left hand. She brought it out and it was a simple piece of parchment, yet she distinctly remembered she had none in her pockets. She opened the folded part and 'hi' was written undoubtedly in Remus' handwriting. Jasmine smiled but her features still represented some sort of confusion.

Before she could ask Remus explained further. ''Put it back in your pocket and think of me.''

Jasmine narrowed her eyes at what his plan was but did what he asked her. When she put it back she was concentrated on him and within a second the parchment disappeared from her pocket. She widened her eyes a little with surprise. Remus reached inside his own pocket and pulled out the same folded piece though now it was empty.

''Since you opened it already the message disappeared and it allows you to write something else and then send it to me,'' Remus explained. He didn't know what kind of reaction he was expecting but Jasmine was pretty shocked.