𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Chapter nine; Tipsy and talking [part II]

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

It didn't take long before Lily joined the pair again her hands holding two drinks. She passed one to Jasmine, who thanked her, the other one she kept to herself. She also didn't linger there since she spotted Marlene at the far corner and decided to go talk to her, still trying to avoid Potter. She sent a quick wink to Jasmine before leaving to sway through the crowd.

Jasmine sniffed her drink briefly before taking a swig. The familiar burn returned though the taste wasn't the same as before. She paid no further attention to it she was just happy she had something to occupy herself with. She glanced through her eyelashes at Remus who was still standing beside her though his look was focused somewhere else. She ever so slightly quirked up her eyebrows wondering why he chose to stay with her when clearly he could hang out with his friends. She looked away the moment his eyes found hers and she awkwardly took another sip of her drink.

''So...'' Remus started speaking, his whole body turning sideways, fully facing her.

''So?'' She asked having to tilt her head slightly up, the boy nearly towering over her.

''I have been wondering something.'' He continued.

Jasmine liked the confidence he was showing and the smile that never left his face. She hummed in response, waiting for him to speak further. His smile dropped a little and he glanced down to the floor, having some sort of a battle inside his head. He looked up at her again and she followed every move of his.

He cleared his throat. ''I was wondering if you would like...''

''Attention everybody!'' James Potter arrogantly strode to the middle of the room.

Jasmine and Remus both internally groaned as they watched the bespectacled Gryffindor. Jasmine peeked at Remus, who now sported a serious expression. Once he looked at her she offered him a small apologetic smile, though his expression stayed the same.

''A game is about to start so anyone who would like to participate please gather around. The more participants the funner the game.'' James Potter continued with his speech. People started to gather around him with intrigued faces.

''Funner isn't even a word,'' Lily muttered to Jasmine the moment she appeared beside her. Jasmine let out a chuckle and she looked at Lily's annoyed look.

''You're not going to play?'' Jasmine asked teasingly while motioning with her hand to the centre of the room.

Lily rolled her eyes a scoff emitting her lips before she downed the drink in her hands. James waited till the crowd started quieting down meaning they would listen to him.

''So the game we are playing is called Truth or shot. The rules are pretty simple. Two persons are going to stand opposite each other. They are going to think of a question, the question can apply to anything it doesn't have to be a 'yes or no' answer. The more personal the question will be the more interesting the answers are. So, the two participants raise their wands with the question in mind and once they're ready they say veritatem dicere.''

Jasmine widened her eyes a fraction. She has never heard of a game like this, truth be told they didn't play games at Hufflepuff parties. The fact that they have to use the truth charm meant that if they speak they will only speak the truth.

''When their charms collide a question will appear, one of the two that they have come up with, and the person whose question isn't displayed has to answer it. So there are two outcomes, you answer it and it is the truth or if you don't want to answer you have to take a shot.'' James motioned to Peter who appeared beside him, carrying a tray full of small glasses with a clear liquid in them.