𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢

Chapter fifty; William's secret

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

James, Remus, Sirius and Peter were making their way out of their dorm to enjoy the beautiful day outside as they had a free period. As always James was the most eager of them so he walked the fastest, Remus with his long legs easily kept up with him. On the other hand, Sirius couldn't care to walk fast and this was to Peter's joy as he being the shortest never kept up with their fast walking. Somehow they still walked together as a group.

''Oh, hey Prongs, I forgot to tell you this but I may or may not have made Lily like you even more,'' Remus said with a mischievous smile playing on his features.

The name of Lily sparked Sirius' attention and he sped up and listened to the conversation. James furrowed his eyebrows as he looked sideways at Remus. His surprise mixed with confusion only let Remus know he wanted to hear more of the topic as he couldn't formulate a question with his own words.

''I may have told her you got me a book for my birthday.'' Remus raised his arm and put it around James as he shook him jokingly.

''What? But I didn't give you a book for your birthday.'' James said, not getting the point of the conversation.

''Yeah I know, but Lily thinks you did. And she very much liked that fact.'' Remus replied. James looked straight forward with a big smile tugging at his lips suddenly.

''Wait, is that why she always says hi to him on the hallways?'' Sirius chimed in, a bit of confusion laced into his voice.

Remus shrugged as James couldn't shake off the smile. Sirius chuckled this time and patted James on the back as things were finally beginning to happen to him. And all honesty all of the guys were getting sick of his 'Lily talk' by now.

''Ah, Lily.'' James sighed dreamily. And there it was. Remus and Sirius groaned at the same time, Remus releasing his hold on James pushing him a little.

''Guys!'' Peter tried to get their attention as he moved a bit further forward than the rest of them. James was right back next to Remus and tried to push him the other way too as he was emitting laughter.

''So who got you that book, you seem to read all the time then?'' Sirius asked, grabbing James by the edge of the robes keeping him away from Remus.

Remus stopped for a moment not expecting the question being asked at all. But it was true, that novel was taking most of his attention lately. Sirius was looking at his with genuine curiousness, mixed a bit with a smile as if he knew what was going on. But he sure mustn't know. Remus stammered a bit. ''It was u-uh-''

''Guys!'' Peter said again louder this time and he successfully got everyone's attention.

Sirius, Remus and James all looked at him with scrunched up eyebrows. Peter merely pointed his hand to the end of the hallway where it took a turn. As the group fell quiet voices reached their ears and not just any voices. Two, a girl and a guy were definitely yelling at each other. The Marauders hurried along to the end of the hallway and all of them froze on the spot at what they stumbled upon. Jasmine and William were death glaring at each other with wands pointed at each other. They were facing one another across the hall and neither seemed to notice the new arrival.

They kept speaking with strong voices, so engulfed in their heated conversation they failed to notice how the four of the boys inched nearer to them. Sirius was at the front as he drew his wand at the sight of what could potentially be a duel and he wanted to stop it as soon as possible. This weird brotherly instinct kicked in as soon as he saw Jasmine standing there at the tip of William's wand. Remus wasn't far behind him, yet he was already glaring not liking the situation at all, a wand in his hand as well.