𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Chapter sixty-nine; Mystery Girl

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

The whole world went into slow motion for Remus and Jasmine. They were doing it right here, right now. They are going to reveal their relationship to their friends. Jasmine reached with her hand forward and a small smile curled on her lips as she felt Remus' soft hand enclose around hers.

''Guys? What is going on?'' Sirius asked not quite getting the situation.

He wasn't the only one. Lily flickered her eyes between Jasmine and Remus and noticed how they were looking at one another. ''Oh my –''

''What?'' James asked, his jaw-dropping in shock as well.

Remus moved so he was standing beside Jasmine their hands still firmly holding one another. ''Well, we have something to tell you,'' Remus stated the obvious.

''You like each other?'' asked James.

Jasmine chuckled through her tears that once and for all stopped falling from her eyes. She looked up at Remus. ''It's more than that.''

''You guys are together!?'' Lily asked, her mouth in an 'o' shape as she stared at them. Remus and Jasmine nodded both in unison.

''WHAT?'' That was a collective shout from everyone around them.

''How?''

''Since when?''

''I don't believe it.''

''Please tell me this isn't a joke.''

''You really are together?''

''Why didn't we know?''

''How long?''

''Guys!'' Remus raised his voice making all the questions stop coming. Everyone watched the pair with their mouth hanging open.

''Can we talk privately?'' Jasmine leaned into Remus and asked him quietly.

Remus nodded and he tugged on her hand to pull her away from the group. They strolled beside each other, hands holding and swaying between them, further into the grassy area behind the Potter's house. They were aware of all the stares that the others were giving them. They stopped and turned to look at one another when they were far away from the others' peering ears.

''So this is it.'' Remus said with a small smile as he glanced to the benches and then back at Jasmine.

Jasmine nodded and let out a deep breath. ''Yeah, we don't have to hide anymore.'' She smiled at him.

''What made you decide to do it?'' Remus asked curiously.

Jasmine looked away for a second but her eyes were soon back on him. She couldn't stop looking at him since it was so long when she last saw him. She truly missed him and his presence. ''Well, we said we're going to tell them during the break and the whole engagement thing really shocked me. I had enough of my dad and now that there will be no William at Hogwarts there will be no one to rattle everything to my dad. And we can finally be an official couple.''

Remus couldn't describe how the last sentence made him feel but he was overly happy that it is finally happening. They don't have to hide anymore and they don't have to be all secretive. They can talk and hug and kiss in front of everyone. With that in mind, Remus wrapped his arms around Jasmine bringing her in for a hug. Jasmine happily wrapped her arms around his neck and sighed into his shoulder.

''I missed you.'' She murmured.

''I missed you too,'' Remus replied and seemingly he didn't want to let go of her now that she was in his arms.