𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Chapter one hundred thirteen; Feeling nostalgic

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

''If you thump any louder, Mrs Norris might actually hear you this time. Or any of the ghosts,'' said Remus.

His eyes followed Jasmine as she paced the length of the bookshelves, being unusually loud with placing the soles of her feet on the hardwood floor. He wondered about the validity of her statement that she learned to walk so quietly that no one could ever catch her during the night when she was sneaking around. Although right now they were at the very back of the library, so late into the curfew no one would ever think to look here or check for weird sounds. Hogwarts was full of weird sounds all the time anyway.

Either Jasmine's mind was preoccupied to hear what Remus retorted or she was just downright ignoring him as she kept pacing and wringing her hands in front of her, subtly picking at the dry skin around her nails. A new, as of late, nervous habit of hers, which she picked up ever since they started snooping around Smirnitsky and his deal.

Remus slumped back on the soft armchair he was occupying and frowned, never taking his eyes off his girlfriend. ''Jass.''

The tone of his voice finally reached Jasmine's ears. She twirled around and stopped her nervous movements, slightly widening her eyes in the low light. Immediately an apologetic expression fell on her face and she walked that tad bit closer.

''Sorry, it's just –'' an exasperated sigh escaped her. ''What if this is a trap? By this point I'm not even questioning it anymore, it definitely feels like it's a trap, I'll go there and my mum won't be there but Death Eaters will be and then they'll kidnap me and probably kill me and –'' her ramble was cut short when Remus took a hold of her hand and squeezed it lightly.

She looked into his eyes and saw a sparkle in them. He thought she was being funny. ''I'm not –''

''I know, Jass. Come here.'' He lightly tugged on her hand for her to come closer.

She didn't know what his intentions were but she soon found out as he pulled her down to sit on his lap, his arms embracing her protectively. She leaned back into his embrace and felt how he propped his head on her shoulder.

''You're worrying too much,'' Remus murmured.

Jasmine refrained from rolling her eyes, even though she knew he couldn't see her. ''You always say that. But this time I don't think I am, this time it's actually a life or death situation, everything I put into this has to be well thought out.''

''How about looking at it this way? Tomorrow you go to that abandoned tea shop –''

''I could die, Rem.''

'' – because if you don't go, you'll never know who was there. It might be your mum, it might be someone else, but you'll never know and you'll forever be in question.''

Jasmine slumped her shoulders. She expected Remus to bite back, everyone seemed to fight her on her irrational thoughts lately. But Remus was as he always has been, calm and rational. And even now when she was obscurely panicking, he managed to stop her and gave her a rational answer. She hated and loved it at the same time, that he was always right when she wasn't. Jasmine turned her head slightly in hopes of seeing him, but due to the weird angle was unable to. So she moved her whole body and swung her legs over the edge of the seat, leaning sideways against Remus.

''Who knew you were smart?'' A smug smile appeared on her features.

Remus chuckled lowly, never moving his eyes off her. ''I can come with you tomorrow. Would you want that?''