𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Chapter fifty-nine; Happy birthday

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine smoothed out the shirt she was wearing as she was checking herself out in the mirror. It was another band T-shirt, this time one from Pink Floyd. She got it from Robyn the night before. Robyn surprised her in the dorm and they had a whole dancing party to Robyn's stereo and a new CD that Robyn got from home. Jasmine loved the shirt dearly and she was sure it will become her new favourite outfit to wear, tucked into light washed out jeans. For the first time, she let her light brown hair flow free past her shoulders, with no pins or hair ties. Her body was consumed with jitters as she couldn't wait to leave the dorm and go to the Gryffindor common room for a much needed end of year party. She took all her exams, she passed the Apparition test she was so worried about, and for the results of other classes, she will have to wait until summer to receive them. But she could care less about the results as long as she passed.

Then the door to the dorm opened and closed abruptly, scaring Jasmine. She turned around and looked at Robyn with wide eyes. Robyn's face looked bothered and she did what she always does when she barges into their dorm. She tossed her bag and threw herself on her bed. Jasmine rushed to her side as Robyn curled into a foetus position and buried her head into a pillow.

''Hey, what's wrong?'' Jasmine asked as she sat down on the bed and moved a strand of hair away from Robyn's face. She widened her eyes even further. ''You look awfully pale. Is everything alright?'' She asked again, concern filling her voice.

Robyn shook her head slowly with a smile. ''I don't feel so good.'' She said with a muffled voice.

She sniffed a couple of times and shuddered before she climbed under the duvet to try and keep herself warm. Jasmine watched her with worry as it seemed Robyn caught something and was feeling under the weather. The light brunette sprang into action and travelled to her own bed to fetch any medication she might have left from past visits to the Hospital Wing.

''Don't bother,'' Robyn called weakly from her bed making Jasmine stop. ''I just want to sleep.'' She added and her head fell back onto her pillow.

Jasmine stopped her actions as she didn't want to listen to her, but she noticed the tiredness of her voice. She came to sit beside her again to keep her company, without a care that she would get sick as well being close to her.

''You should go. The party has probably already started.'' Robyn said and tried to push Jasmine off her bed.

''I'm not going if you're not going and you're clearly not in the shape to go.'' Jasmine crossed her arms and snuggled even closer to Robyn.

The dark brunette groaned but immediately regretted that decision as pain shot through her head. ''You're not missing a party because of me, especially not on your birthday. We had our fun yesterday now go and celebrate the end of the term. I'll be fine sleeping here.'' Robyn continued to convince her.

Jasmine stayed put and frowned at her best friend. She looked tired or more exhausted than she ever saw her. The whole exam week has caught up to her and it showed that she overworked her body and mind so this was her body's response to really take some time and sleep.

''I'll wait till you fall asleep and then go.'' Jasmine found the middle ground of their conversation.

Robyn nodded weakly, her eyes already closed. Jasmine sat there wondering what has been going on with Robyn the past weeks. She was hoping she'll get to talk to her tonight at the party but that seemed out of the question, she'll have to consult her another time. Once Robyn's breathing became even Jasmine slowly slid off the bed trying to do as least sudden movements as she could. She stepped to her own bed, picked up her wand and gave a soft pet to Isla before exiting the dorm.