𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Chapter eighty-seven; Safety

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

The door clicked shut behind Jasmine as she entered the empty dorm. She just finished a round of patrols with a younger prefect in the morning and whereas she would usually head to breakfast, today she rather went back to the dorm. Her appetite was non-existent and she couldn't bear to stomach down any food, which has been happening a lot lately. Her mind was just preoccupied with other problems.

Robyn and Sophie were both in the Great Hall and for once Jasmine was glad she was alone. Her shoulders sagged with the weight of everything she constantly has to carry around. The never-ending assignments for all classes, late night or early morning patrols, her insomnia because her mind doesn't let her sleep. And on top of all the only person, she ever felt could relieve her off all the stress was one of the causes she felt so stressed in the first place. Busy schedules kept Remus and her apart and Jasmine felt like she was slowly losing her mind.

When she turned around to face the dorm, a figure was sitting on her bed and Jasmine nearly jumped out of her skin, thinking she was truly alone.

''Isla, hi.'' She greeted her after she calmed down her fast-beating heart.

Isla, in her human form, was sitting on the edge of Jasmine's bed, legs crossed one over the other. She wore the same outfit as the last time Jasmine saw her, with the heavy black coat and that red necklace that stood out.

Confusion settled on Jasmine's features. ''Where were you? I haven't seen you here in the dorm for a while.'' Speaking about her Animagi form.

Isla smiled at her. ''Now that you know who I am, I don't feel like I have to put up the act of being your pet anymore. I had business to take care of and I'll have a lot more of that from now on too. So don't be confused if I disappear for large amounts of time.'' She patted the spot on the bed next to her for Jasmine to sit down.

Once she did, Isla looked around the room with a content smile. ''I forgot this calm feeling of the dorm. All the nostalgia is coming back to me now from the time I attended here as a student.''

''Which house were you in?'' Jasmine asked curiously, making small talk.

''Slytherin.'' Isla puffed out her chest proudly.

Jasmine smiled momentarily because she guessed the house in her head as well. It sounded a lot like the spy she was now looking at.

Isla's face turned serious as she turned her upper body to her. ''There's something we need to talk about, that's why I'm here not as a cat but as me. I was waiting for a time when we could be alone.''

''Does my dad still think you're spying on me?'' Jasmine asked.

''He does. And that's also why I wanted to talk to you.'' Isla was the type of person who wasn't afraid to look the person in the eye while talking to someone.

Jasmine couldn't decide if it made her uncomfortable or not, but the look she was giving her meant no good news at all. ''What is it? What's going on at home? Did something happen to my mum? Did he hit her again?''

''Jasmine, calm down,'' Isla stressed. Another sigh escaped her as she gathered her thoughts.

''Well speak then damn it!'' Jasmine had enough of her prolonged silence.

''Your dad is batshit crazy, there's no nicer way to put it.''

''We already know that, yes.''

''That afternoon late in summer when your mum all but not kicked you out because she wanted to protect you I heard you mentioned me to her.''

''Oh god, I hope I didn't mess up by revealing her your secret.'' Jasmine gasped with widened eyes.