𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

Chapter one hundred five; What happened

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine's eyes were red and puffy by the time she arrived in front of her own dorm. She dragged her feet all across the narrow corridor to the girls painfully slowly. She spent the rest of the night in the kitchens, too sad to bake, too angry to eat anything and too guilty to sleep. It was almost time for breakfast when she appeared in the Hufflepuff common room. A few of the students were already awake and looked her way, but Jasmine strategically watched the ground in front of her feet to avoid eye contact. On the way to her dorm she even probably walked past her roommate Sophie, but the floor was much more interesting. When Jasmine pushed the door to the dorm open only Robyn was inside.

''Good morning!'' Robyn said enthusiastically but she didn't look at Jasmine. ''Someone must have had a fun night considering the late or I mean early hour you're coming back to the dorm.'' She joked.

Jasmine didn't answer, she only took a deep breath and threw herself on her bed. That's when Robyn turned around from watching herself in the mirror and fixing her tie. She looked at Jasmine with confusion and then her face deadpanned, guilt spreading across her features for joking.

''What happened, Jass?'' Jasmine still didn't answer but buried her face into her pillow and let out a sob.

The mattress beside her dipped as Robyn sat down. Robyn laid a comforting hand on her friend and then proceeded to softly run it down her back as Jasmine kept crying into the pillow. She let her let out her emotions for as long as it needed her, staying completely quiet and offering a special kind of comfort that always seemed to work for Jasmine. She just had to be there, say nothing, do nothing, only sit and let her know that she was there.

Jasmine's shoulders gradually stopped shaking as her sobs receded. She laid there still for a couple of more minutes before grabbing her energy and pushing up on the bed to face Robyn. She saw the sympathy and sadness in her friend's eyes. It didn't take the two a second longer to hug.

''I think I just lost someone very important to me,'' Jasmine muttered quietly into Robyn's shoulder. Her voice was raspy from all the crying and it was on the verge of breaking every time she opened her mouth.

''Did someone pass?'' Robyn asked carefully.

Jasmine shook her head and pulled away from the hug. She was almost too ashamed to admit that she has been crying because of Remus. Looking at Robyn made her realize that she would be the best person to lay her problems on, especially if they included boys. ''I had a fight with Remus.''

At first, Robyn didn't know how to react. Then she offered a small smile to Jasmine. ''You've had fights with Remus before, I'm sure this is nothing.''

Something ticked inside Jasmine. ''I don't think this was the same. Yes, we had fights about studying or stupidly joking fights about me stealing his sweaters or debates about who's right and who's wrong. But it never ended like this. Robyn, I yelled at him out of pure frustration. I never do that to any of my friends.''

Robyn knew that. Jasmine did know how to raise her voice when she was angry but it was never towards her friends. She yelled at William, at her father, even at Gabriel at some point.

''Did you two break up?'' asked Robyn.

Jasmine looked down at her fiddling hands. By her interpretation, they fought but the words 'we are breaking up' or 'I'm breaking up with you' never came up even with all the yelling. She shook her head. ''I don't think so.''

Robyn's voice held hope. ''Well, then everything is going to be alright.'' She took one of Jasmine's hands in her own so she would stop fiddling with them. ''Couples fight all the time. I'm sure you two will talk like you always do and you'll go on with your lives.''