𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Chapter ninety-three; Cupid

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine stood on the sidelines and observed the interaction between Robyn and Rosier. A full month has gone by since Halloween and Robyn didn't seem to be giving up on her game with Rosier. What surprised Jasmine was that they were never completely alone. Snape and Avery were always, and that's not an exaggeration, always near Rosier. Maybe they backed away only so much that the pair could have a private conversation but they were always in sight. It made Jasmine's insides squirm at their creepiness.

Since she had the same schedule as Robyn except for one Robyn's extracurricular and Jasmine's private Defence sessions with Smirnitsky, she knew when Robyn sneaked away to meet with Rosier. It was never at night, it was also never during classes. She stuck to those little ten minute breaks so their interactions were brief and somewhere in public.

Jasmine checked her watch and decided to break their thing up because she couldn't wait on Robyn much longer. ''Robyn!'' She called and walked across the hall to join her.

At her sight, Rosier tensed and a moment later Snape and Avery stepped up behind him. ''What do you want Pearson?'' He spat.

Jasmine smiled sweetly and looped her arm through Robyn's. ''I'm stealing your girlfriend away. We have the assignment to complete.''

''Robyn is busy, don't you see that?'' Rosier crossed his arms and rose an intimidating brow.

''Robyn can speak for herself.'' This time it was Robyn who said it. She narrowed her eyes at Rosier and he looked shocked by it. She quickly smiled after. ''I'll talk to you later.''

Jasmine felt a tug on her arm and Robyn walked both of them away before Rosier could reply. Jasmine glanced behind her shoulder and nearly gasped because Rosier didn't look angry at all. She couldn't think of a time where she's seen Rosier, well, content. What is Robyn doing to him?

''Thank you for that. I wasn't sure if he was even going to let me go off today.'' Robyn nudged Jasmine softly.

''No problem.'' Jasmine smiled. ''But I can't believe you're still doing this.''

''Well he hasn't realised my game yet and he doesn't hate me so there's really no point in stopping this.'' Robyn shrugged as they started ascending the stairs.

''Whatever you're doing to him is working though. There hasn't been an attack since –''

''Halloween.'' Robyn finished for her.

''Exactly. Have you found out why they are doing it? I mean are they Death Eaters?'' Jasmine lowered her voice.

''No,'' Robyn replied. ''I mean no – I haven't found out anything yet. I don't know what they are but they certainly like to see other people suffer. I think Rosier doesn't entirely trust me yet so I have to give it more time. And you're going to hate me for what I say next.''

''What?'' Jasmine stopped walking and turned to her.

Robyn sighed. ''He isn't that bad.'' Jasmine wanted to protest but Robyn cut her off. ''Before you get mad, hear me out. He's just a person like all of us. Now I'm not saying that he should be forgiven for all he has done or for all the times he threatened you. Because he shouldn't be. I am also not taking his side. But even he surprised me by the fact how normal he is. It may be just his upbringing that has him acting like that. He's still horrible but from time to time he's nice company. And bit by bit he's letting me get to know more about him apart from his bully persona.''

''You're speaking about a dangerous territory here, Robyn Hood.'' Jasmine crossed her arms.

''Don't worry I'm not going to fall in love with him.'' Robyn sighed, knowing what Jasmine was hinting at.